- Date: Friday, November 15, 2019
- Time: 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Location (new this year): ClampArt (247 W 29th St, New York, NY 10001 (between 7th and 8th Avenues) / Ground Floor)
- Description: Friends and Family Welcome, tickets are $50 per person and can be purchased online (see the link below) or by sending a check made out to Q300 PTA (please note "gallery night" in the memo on the check) in your child’s communication folder. Unfortunately this event is not a fun activity for kids.
- Date: Sunday, October 20, 2019
- Time: 9:00am-2:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division (PS17 / 28-37 29th st., Astoria, NY 11102)
- URL: https://www.q300chess.com/q300-home-tournaments/
- Date: Sunday, October 27, 2019
- Time: 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division (PS17 / 28-37 29th St, Astoria, NY 11102)
- Tickets: $10 per adult and $5 per kid
- Pizza and beverage
- Interactive magic show and dance party in the gym
- Spooky stories and creepy space in the auditorium
- Games and activity stations for all ages in the cafeteria: Bean bag toss, ring toss, crafts, can knock downs, and much more
- Raffle (not included with ticket price)
- Photo booth ($1.00 donation)
- Co-president shall serve as one of the PTA's chief executive officers; has the general powers and duties of supervision and management; delegates responsibilities to other Members; shall encourage meaningful participation among all Members in the PTA and school activities; and shall serve as a member of the School Leadership Team and attends the monthly District 30 Presidents' Council and other meetings.
- Co-VP-Fundraising shall oversee the planning, execution, and evaluation of the PTA's fundraising activities, including fundraising events, solicitations, and grant-writing and shall chair the Fundraising Committee. Fundraising's work included coordinating the Direct Appeal, the Thanksgiving Pie Sale, the Night at the Gallery Party, and Gift Card Fundraiser. She/he also coordinates its work with the Auction committee.
- VP-Lower Division shall act as liaison between the PTA and the Parents and Staff of the Lower Division (K-4th grades) and coordinate the PTA's activities, including but not limited to fundraising, enrichment, and communicating PTA information with the Parents and Staff of the Lower Division. They shall coordinate the appointment, election, or selection of other means of a class parent for each class in the Lower Division.
- VP-Upper Division shall act as liaison between the PTA and the Parents and Staff of the Upper Division and coordinate the PTA's activities, including but not limited to fundraising, enrichment, and communicating important information with the Parents and Staff of the Upper Division. They shall coordinate the appointment, election, or selection of other means of a class parent for each class in the Upper Division.
- When: Sunday, September 15, 2019
- Time: 1:00pm-5:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division (PS17) Lunch room & Gym
- RSVP Link: http://evite.me/xfMjbFSseb
- Note: RSVP will help a lot with planning. But if you find yourself available at the last minute, please feel free to join anyway.
- Questions: Q300ChessTeam@gmail.com
- Date: Thursday, September 19, 2019
- Time: 6:00pm-
- Place: PS17 Auditorium (28-37 29th st, Astoria, NY 11102)
- Date: Sunday, August 25, 2019
- Time: 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Place: Rainey Park (Vernon Blvd, Astoria, NY 11106)
- URL: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4aa9ac22a6f94-q3004
- Entering grades K-4: https://forms.gle/rniSRciCZEMdYYb27
- Entering grades 5-8: https://forms.gle/3pahf6YPZYn5btpB6
Enjoy food, wine and art at a midtown contemporary art gallery with your fellow Q300 community members – including teachers – all for the benefit of the students of Q300!
For inquiries, contact Raechel at email@example.com.
Get your tickets here, via PayPal!Keep on reading this post...
Q300 Chess Team is hosting the first Q300 “home” chess tournament on Sunday, October 20, 2019.
NYChessKids is offering a $15 discount for Q300 students who are intersted in participating in the first home tournament. The entry fee will be $20 instead of $35 (early bird) before 10/14 and $30 afterwards. You will need a discount code to receive this discount offer. Please look for the code in your e-mail from the school.
The subsequent tournamtnes at Q300 are sceheduled on Sunday, November 17, 2019, Sunday, February 9, 2020, and Sunday, May 3, 2020.
All relevant information and registration link can be found the Q300 Chess Team website at https://www.q300chess.com/q300-home-tournaments/. If you have any questions, contact the Q300 Chess Team (see https://www.q300pta.net/q300-chess-team/ for their contact information).Keep on reading this post...
The Q300 PTA is excited to partner with La Guli Bakery of Astoria to provide delicious pies for our Thanksgiving feasts and to help raise funds for school programs. There are four different pies (Apple, Pumpkin, Blueberry, and Cherry) and each 8-inch pie costs $17.
Order online here with a credit card or use this paper form and return to school with a check made out to Q300 PTA in a sealed envelope. The price for the pie will be $17.75 online as it will include $0.75 processing fee.
Q300ThanksgivingPieSalesOrderForm2019FillableRev1.pdfIf you want to order more than one pie or more than one type of pie, click "Continue Shopping" to go back and order the second pie. Please note that we are no longer offering home delivery. However, you may pick up your pie at a neighborhood home (Manhattan Midtown, Astoria, Jackson Heights, Forest Hills, Sunnyside/Woodside, or Greenpoint), at PS 17, or have it sent home with your student.
Order your delicious pies for Thanksgiving and help us raise funds for school enrichment programs.Keep on reading this post...
The success of our school community depends on the enthusiasm, ideas, and work of parents like you. Do you have a community building project idea? Interested in initiating a new fundraiser? Have a way to help strengthen the Q300 school community? The Q300 PTA would like to hear your thoughts! If you have a specific idea that you would like to implement, please fill out this online form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HK86JzslrkWj2eyZBcFnvk9GC8ztkrKjXNvm1Iusf6Q/viewform?edit_requested=true
Please note that all Q300 PTA events/projects are subject to the regulations covering 501(c)(3) (tax-exempt not-for-profit organization) and the NYC DOE’s Chancellor’s regulations. All events/projects must have their proposal, work plan and budget approved by the PTA Board.
If you have any questions with this form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Keep on reading this post...
Q300PTA is hosting our 5th Annual Q300 Costume Party on Sunday, October 27, 2019 at the Lower Division campus (P.S.17). $10.25 Adults and $5.25 Children. Each ticket includes pizza, drink, music, magic show, fun activities and a haunted stage! The link to ticket purchase is available below (via PayPal).
In this year's costume party, there will be:
There will be lots of fun to be had at the second annual event. To help make it an event to remember, we're looking for some helping hands. Are you a whiz at planning? Would you be able to help during the event passing out pizza or drinks? Would you be able to take a shift at a craft table? It takes a lot to have a fun and safe event, so please consider volunteering to help make this event a success.
Please sign up through this link (http://bit.ly/q300costume19) if you’re able to offer a helping hand!
Financial Assistance for Families
In the spirit of our core value of inclusion, we offer funding for our students and families that wish to attend but are experiencing financial hardship and cannot pay the entrance. Please email Rachel Weiss at email@example.com if you have any questions about this. All information remains confidential.
Embark on a mouth-watering adventure at T-Swirl Crepe on Tues, Nov. 12, 2019 (11:30am-9:00pm, Parent Teacher Conference Day). Located a few blocks from the Lower Division, T-Swirl Crepe has more than a dozen delicious crepe selections (also gluten-free options). 20-30% of your purchase will be donated to Q300 PTA. Write "Q300" on the receipt and put it in a basket at the casher.
Keep on reading this post...
Q300 is looking for class parents for 2019-2020. Class parents play an important role in the Q300 community, supporting the students and teachers in many ways. Class Parents can do many of their duties remotely and can serve jointly with another parent. If you have any questions about the role of a Class Parents, please contact the Q300 PTA Lower Division Representative (ESrep@q300pta.org) or the Q300 PTA Upper Division Representative (MSrep@q300pta.org).
If you’re interested in becoming a Class Parent, please fill out the following form by Friday, September 20, 2019.
Additionally, we'd like to remind you that at the October General Membership meeting, two additional people will be elected to serve with us as a lower school representative and an upper school representative. Please contact the nominations committee at Nominations@q300pta.org if you are interested.Keep on reading this post...
Box Tops for Education is a rebate program for school communities to raise money for school and their children. Since 1996 families have clipped and sent Box Tops in to their schools, which received 10 cents for each of Box Tops contributed. Starting this year, families can contribute to the Q300 Box Tops fundraising either by (1) submitting the box top coupons on General Mills products and other grocery products by major brands (e.g., Cheerios, Spillsbury, Annie's etc; see here the list) or (2) scanning your receipt for the eligible products with the Box Tops for Education app (https://qrco.de/bb9f1D). In order to use the app, you will have to sign up for the Q300 team on the Box Tops for Education program on their website (http://btfe.com/).
Physical Box Tops clips are being phased out this year, but we can still submit Box Tops until Friday, October 4, 2019. Please send all clipped Box Tops with your child to their teacher in a ziploc bag. If you have an old collection sheet with Box Tops, please send that in too!
See more information about the Box Tops fundraising at https://www.q300pta.net/fundraising/box-tops-for-q300-education/. For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Keep on reading this post...
The following PTA positions for 2019-2020 are still open. The election will take place at the PTA Meeting on Thur, October 17 (6:00pm @ Lower Division (PS17)). Contact email@example.com if you are interested.
Description of the PTA positions currently open for 2019-2020
The Q300 Chess Team is hosting a Q300 Chess Team Welcome Back Party! This is a great opportunity to meet with the Q300 chess team and find out everything you ever wanted to know, including how to join. All new families and the entire Q300 community + their families are more than welcome to come.
About the event: This is a valuable team building opportunity - we (the Chess Team) really don’t get together all that often, outside of tournaments. This will allow us to put some names to faces, hang out, and chart the path forward. For new kids/parents, it will give them a chance to get all their questions answered, and bond with the group in an informal setting. We will have numerous chess activities for the kids - a puzzle solving contest, games vs. one another, a “blitz challenge” vs. coaches, and more. We will also present our vision for the year 2019-20 and beyond, including team training sessions, and the unveiling of the brand-new “online learning” NYChessKids portal - something Saudin and team have been working very hard on.Keep on reading this post...
Our first PTA General Membership Meeting will be held on Thursday, September 19th at 6:00 pm at the PS 17 campus. Although this is a parent-focused event, children are welcome. If you bring your children, you may want to bring a quiet activity to keep them occupied during the meeting. There will be some child care support during the meeting. We look forward to seeing you there.
Keep on reading this post...
NYC Department of Education provides free Microsoft Office 365 Education for Students to students and families in the NYC public school system in 2019-2020. After registration at the websites below, you will be able to install up to 5 copies of the latest Microsoft Office suite for their PCs and Macs and up to 5 copies for their iOS or Android devices too.Keep on reading this post...
The Q300 PTA will hold our annual back-to-school picnic on Sunday, August 25, from 3-6pm in Rainey Park. Please join us in welcoming new families and getting together to celebrate the start of a new school year. This is a casual, bring-your-own food and drink event. An RSVP helps us get an idea of how many people will be attending for planning purposes, but is not necessary--just show up and have a good time. If you can help out with the event, thank you! Feel free to sign up for one of the volunteer shifts listed here. We look forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new members of the Q300 community.
We expect to offer private bus service again for the 2019-20 school year to both the lower and upper division campuses. If you are interested in private transportation, please sign up through the appropriate link below:
See https://www.q300pta.net/resources/bus-info/#privatebus for more information about the 2019-2020 private bus. Please note that private bus routes are coordinated by volunteer parents and are not managed or administered by the PTA. Also, if your child is entering K-6 and you are interested in OPT (free public yellow school bus) service instead of a private bus in Queens, please contact Jenny Lando, the school’s parent coordinator, at JennyLando@Q300.org.Keep on reading this post...
Ready yourselves for a boat-load of reading this summer!
The Summer Read-a-Thon is back! Each year, our students read all summer long and encourage family and friends to sponsor all their reading efforts! All net proceeds of the Read-a-Thon go to the Q300 PTA and to help pay for the school’s enrichment programs.Keep on reading this post...
General PTA Meeting
Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
Atom Smasher Robotic Team
Field Trip to the Met
Math in Action
100th Day of School
100th Day of School
Visiting Henry Matisse
Matilda on Broadway
Nature Field Trip
A fun night at Q300
Imagination and Creativity
It's all about
Architecture Project Celebration