- Sanger Hall
- 48-20 Skillman Ave, Sunnyside, NY 11104
- Tel: (718) 457-8130
- Lower Division: May 13th and May 14th
- Upper Division: May 22nd and 23rd
- Kindergarten: Itty Bitty Bug Shapes
- 1st grade: Seeing Shapes
- 2nd grade: Daphnia, Microscopes and Me
- 3rd grade: Daphnia, Microscopes and Me
- 4th-6th grade: Microscopic Ecosystems
- 7th grade: Cells, Cells, Cells
- 8th grade: The Living Environment
- Date: Sunday May 5th, 2019
- Time: 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Place: Central in Astoria (20-30 Steinway st. Astoria, NY 11105)
- Date: Friday, May 31, 2019
- Time: 8:00am-2:15pm (time varies depending on grade/class)
- Place: Athens Square Park
- Description: Q300 Lower Division is organizing Park Day on Friday, May 31, 2019. Each class or grade will be out in the Athens Square Park for one period and enjoy the beautiful spring weather as they help take care of the neighborhood park and learn about recycling, composting, and NYC's environmental initiatives such as Green NYC. Volunteers needed (during your child's grade or for the whole day) to help students clean up the park, paint park benches, build tree guards and add mulch to tree beds. To volunteer sign up at https://tinyurl.com/y27dokfx by Friday, May 10, 2019. Also, Q300 is seeking guest speakers to present throughout the day about recycling, Green NYC, composting, tree care or the Earth. Speakers will be given 30 minutes to present to the students and 10-15 mins for questions. Anyone interested in presenting please contact community affairs at email@example.com.
- Lower Division: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0F4EADAA28A2FF2-lower1
- Upper Division: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f4eadaa28a2ff2-upper1
- Date: Friday, May 24, 2019
- Time: Lower Division: 8:30am-10:30am / Upper Division: 11:00am-12:30pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division and Upper Division
- Description: Q300 is hosting the 1st annual STEAM Fair. This celebration will showcase classroom projects that will get everyone excited about learning and experimenting STEAM (which is an abbreviation for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math). All Q300 families are invited.
- Date: Sunday, April 7th, 2019
- Time: 11:00am-12:30pm
- Place: Queens Historical Society (14335 37th Avenue, Flushing, NY 11354)
- Price: $10 per child
- Description: Appropriate for grades 6-8. Ever wondered what makes all the lights in your house turn on? Here at the Queens Historical Society we are looking for bright minds to join us in an exciting family workshop to help us illuminate the past and shine bright into the future. Electricity is all around us and powers almost everything we use in our daily lives, from our cellphones to our televisions. But what makes a light bulb turn on and how does electricity work? Not only are you going to learn the answers to these magnetic questions, but we are going to help you build your very own electrifying circuit! Join us for Circuits and Currents: Its Electric!
- URL: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/circuits-and-currents-its-electric-tickets-56371194761
- Date: Monday through Thursday of Monday, July 8 - Thursday, August 15, 2019
- Time: 8:30am - 4:00pm
- Place: DOE School Site located in 11102 zip code will be announced once confirmed.
- URL: http://seriousfunnyc.org/summermusical/
- Description: Free Summer Musical Theater Camp
Children produce a Musical from Auditions to Opening Night!
Each production is a one-act musical. All participants will audition and be cast in one production only. This approach allows Serious Fun to provide more lead and featured roles for the children, creating an in-depth and concentrated experience.
What do children do?
Work with industry professionals to rehearse & perform the script, songs & dances, create the costumes & props, build the sets, run the lights & sound, and manage the front of house for a children's musical.
Who can attend?
Children ages 8 through 13 years old.
- Date: Sunday, May 5, 2019
- Time: 9:15am-
- Place: Q300 Lower Devision (28-37 29th street, Queens, NY, 111002)
- Cost: $35-$45
- URL: https://www.nychesskids.com/q300-tournaments
Q300PTA Stepping Into Summer Online Auction is Q300 PTA's biggest fundraising event of the year. Our fabulous online auction items will be available from Sunday, May 5, 2019 until 10pm on Thursday, May 23, 2019.
All proceeds will go toward PTA-funded enrichments for our remarkable students. Please pass along the link below to your friends and family so they can get in on the fun!
Online bidding runs from Sunday, May 5th until Thursday, May 23rd at 10:00pm. You will have to register on our online auction platform (https://www.auctria.com) to make a bit (you will also need to supply your credit card information before making a bit). If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.orgKeep on reading this post...
Watch the UEFA Champions League Soccer Final (Tottenham vs. Liverpool) with Q300 families on Saturday, June 1 from 3-6pm at Sanger Hall in Sunnyside! Root for your fave team and support your school while enjoying juicy burgers, loaded fries, drinks, and more (Vegan and vegetarian options also available). A portion of your purchase will be donated to the Q300 PTA. Game starts at 3pm! See you there!
Come out to MCU Park in Coney Island as the Brooklyn Cyclones take on the Staten island Yankees in a Battle for the Bridge matchup, on Sunday, June 23rd, 2019.
Gates open at 2:00 pm and the game starts at 4:00 pm. Tickets are $17 each, with additional handling and credit card fees and each comes with a free cap and wristband!
Buy your tickets here: https://groupmatics.events/event/Q300Keep on reading this post...
Fall 2018 and Winter 2019 Q300 PTA Newsletters have been published on the Q300 PTA website. Visit the PTA Newsletters page to download electronic copies of the newsletters: https://www.q300pta.net/pta/newsletters/.
These two newsletters were also sent to the Q300PTA Google Group in November 2018 and February 2019. If you haven't received it, please visit the Q300PTA Google Group and sign up for it at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/q300school or https://www.q300pta.net/resources/class-groups/.Keep on reading this post...
This is just a friendly reminder that our Q300 spiritwear t-shirt campaign closes in 3 days, Friday, May 10, 2019. You can place an order online at https://www.customink.com/fundraising/q300.
Our 8th graders did a great job designing these colorful t-shirts. Enjoy them on gym days or any day outside school to show Q300 spirit and support our graduating class!
Those who have ordered the t-shirt will receive e-mail after the campaign closes. Please respond to the e-mail with your kid's name/class to receive your tees (or pick them up at the 5/30 PTA meeting).Keep on reading this post...
Q300PTA has arranged the BioBus visits to Q300 in May. Through the BioBus experience, students will be able to discover the excitement of hands-on science aboard this mobile lab, which is equipped with $75,000 worth of microscopes and that is staffed by scientists.
The dates of the visits are:
Each class will engage in hands-on science work. Possible topics for each grade include:
You can read more about the BioBus and its mission at http://www.biobus.org/about.Keep on reading this post...
The 5th Annual Q300 PTA Stepping Into Summer Dance Party & Silent Auction
DJ, DANCING, FOOD & DRINK!
Early Bird Tickets available until April 5th, $25 for adults, $15 for kids
Regular Tickets available until May 4th, $30 for adults, $18 for kids
Day of event at door (if not sold out), $32 for adults, $20 for kids
Click here for more information.Keep on reading this post...
Teacher Appreciation Week this year is Monday, May 6 - Friday, May 10 and the Q300 PTA has sponsored a breakfast at both campuses on Tuesday, May 7th, 2019. Please see how you can help and sign up to help at the links below:
Volunteers are needed to set up breakfast on Tuesday, May 7th at both the Lower Division and Upper Division Campuses. Donations of table cloths, paper goods and flowers are requested to help make the breakfast special for our amazing teachers. Donations should be sent in to the main office by Monday, May 6th.
Breakfast volunteers should arrive at the venue by 8:15am on Tuesday, May 7th.
Thanks in advance for your help!Keep on reading this post...
The PTA will hold its General Membership Meeting on Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 6:30pm in the upper division campus auditorium at 31-51 21st Street, Long Island City, NY 11106. The agenda will include the election of all Board positions of the PTA and of one (1) parent position of the School Leadership Team (“SLT”).
Call For PTA Board And SLT Parent Member Candidates
A. The PTA calls for candidates to fill positions on the PTA Board
B. The SLT calls for candidates to fill 1 parent member SLT positions
If you are interested in running for any Board positions or for the SLT parent member positions, please contact the Nominations Committee at email@example.com, by May 10, 2019. Please note that nominations will also be taken from the floor during the meeting.
For more information, please read the official call for candidates document in your child's backpack or e-mail.Keep on reading this post...
We are looking for volunteers to serve on the Elections Committee to help identify next year's parent leadership at Q300 and administer the election of the Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) board members and School Leadership Team (SLT) parent member. The election will be held at the PTA general membership meeting on Thursday, May 30, 2019 at the upper division campus.
The Committee's responsibilities include canvassing the community for eligible candidates, preparing materials related to the election (including bios, notices, and ballots) and running the election. We need 3 to 5 Committee members. Committee members must be a parent. Please note that a person who is running for office or is employed at Q300 are not eligible to serve on the Nominations Committee.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in serving on the Nominations Committee.Keep on reading this post...
Keep on reading this post...
Teacher Appreciation Week (Monday, May 6 - Friday, May 10) is coming up! One of the things we would like to do is send notes of appreciation to our teachers and staff and then convert this into a giant poster - one for each campus. This is where we need your help!
We are collecting notes for all members of the Q300 staff through his google form. https://forms.gle/7VpGEhgMvib1R38w9
You can fill this out with your child (or have them fill it out on their own - depending on age obviously). We have made it easy for you and have created a drop down box for all teachers and staff (including cluster and specials teachers, administrators, secretaries, parent coordinator, paraprofessionals, TAs, etc..). You can fill out the form multiple times if there are several folks that your child wants to thanks!
Please fill out the form(s) by April 29, 2019 (the absolute latest) so we can then create and print the poster.Keep on reading this post...
The following information about the summer & extra-curricular programs was shared by Jenny Lando, Q300 Parent Coordinator.
Queens Historical Society
Please come out to participate in Q300's last chess tournament of the school year. Whether this is your first or you've been to many before, it is bound to be fun for everyone! There will be rated and unrated sections and children playing in all levels. If you don't want to play, no problem! Come and cheer on your fellow Q300 friends! But if you do want to play, register here (https://nychesskids.wufoo.com/forms/z7zsn451t21t6a/)Keep on reading this post...
General PTA Meeting
Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
Atom Smasher Robotic Team
Field Trip to the Met
Math in Action
100th Day of School
100th Day of School
Visiting Henry Matisse
Matilda on Broadway
Nature Field Trip
A fun night at Q300
Imagination and Creativity
It's all about
Architecture Project Celebration