- Co-president shall serve as one of the PTA's chief executive officers; has the general powers and duties of supervision and management; delegates responsibilities to other Members; shall encourage meaningful participation among all Members in the PTA and school activities; and shall serve as a member of the School Leadership Team and attends the monthly District 30 Presidents' Council and other meetings.
- Co-VP-Fundraising shall oversee the planning, execution, and evaluation of the PTA's fundraising activities, including fundraising events, solicitations, and grant-writing and shall chair the Fundraising Committee. Fundraising's work included coordinating the Direct Appeal, the Thanksgiving Pie Sale, the Night at the Gallery Party, and Gift Card Fundraiser. She/he also coordinates its work with the Auction committee.
- VP-Lower Division shall act as liaison between the PTA and the Parents and Staff of the Lower Division (K-4th grades) and coordinate the PTA's activities, including but not limited to fundraising, enrichment, and communicating PTA information with the Parents and Staff of the Lower Division. They shall coordinate the appointment, election, or selection of other means of a class parent for each class in the Lower Division.
- VP-Upper Division shall act as liaison between the PTA and the Parents and Staff of the Upper Division and coordinate the PTA's activities, including but not limited to fundraising, enrichment, and communicating important information with the Parents and Staff of the Upper Division. They shall coordinate the appointment, election, or selection of other means of a class parent for each class in the Upper Division.
- When: Sunday, September 15, 2019
- Time: 1:00pm-5:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division (PS17) Lunch room & Gym
- RSVP Link: http://evite.me/xfMjbFSseb
- Note: RSVP will help a lot with planning. But if you find yourself available at the last minute, please feel free to join anyway.
- Questions: Q300ChessTeam@gmail.com
- Date: Thursday, September 19, 2019
- Time: 6:00pm-
- Place: PS17 Auditorium (28-37 29th st, Astoria, NY 11102)
- Date: Sunday, August 25, 2019
- Time: 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Place: Rainey Park (Vernon Blvd, Astoria, NY 11106)
- URL: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4aa9ac22a6f94-q3004
- Entering grades K-4: https://forms.gle/rniSRciCZEMdYYb27
- Entering grades 5-8: https://forms.gle/3pahf6YPZYn5btpB6
- Drop-Off Uniforms
Please donate any uniform in good condition that your child has outgrown via your child's backpack. Teachers will collect the uniforms and send them to designated bins in the lower and upper division campuses. Please make sure all clothing is laundered. We will collect clothing through the last day of school.
For those with kindergarten and first grade students, please send in your outgrown uniforms by Friday, June 14, so that we can sort them and make them available for the Welcome Breakfast for new admits.
- Pick-Up Uniforms
Please pick up any uniform that may fit your child for next year. We will set up a uniform table at various PTA events, including the PTA general meeting on Thursday, June 20 and the Q300 summer picnic on Sunday, August 25. Please consider making a donation for any clothing you take, and all proceeds will benefit the PTA.
- Free bike riding lessons for kids (and adults) with Bike New York: https://www.bike.nyc/education/programs/
- Free swim lessons with NYC Parks for kids (and adults), registration starts Mon, June 10: https://www.nycgovparks.org/reg/learn-to-swim
- Free basketball clinics and league for kids with Steady Buckets: http://www.steadybuckets.org
- Free golf classes for kids, registration starts Thurs, June 6 (There is also a golf center in Brooklyn in addition to the above in Corona, Queens): https://cityparksfoundation.org/junior-golf-center-annex-queens/
- Free Adventure Course on Sundays at Alley Pond Park (preregistration required for July and August), kids age 8 and older and adults: https://www.nycgovparks.org/programs/rangers/adventure-course
- Free tennis lessons for kids (weekdays): https://www.nyjtl.org/programs/free-tennis/
- Date: Monday, June 17, 2019 and Thursday, June 20, 2019
- Time: 8:00am-12:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division (28-37 29th St, Astoria, NY 11102)
- URL: Volunteer signup page
- Questions: Maria Hantzopoulos (email@example.com)
Q300 is looking for class parents for 2019-2020. Class parents play an important role in the Q300 community, supporting the students and teachers in many ways. Class Parents can do many of their duties remotely and can serve jointly with another parent. If you have any questions about the role of a Class Parents, please contact the Q300 PTA Lower Division Representative (ESrep@q300pta.org) or the Q300 PTA Upper Division Representative (MSrep@q300pta.org).
If you’re interested in becoming a Class Parent, please fill out the following form by Friday, September 20, 2019.
Additionally, we'd like to remind you that at the October General Membership meeting, two additional people will be elected to serve with us as a lower school representative and an upper school representative. Please contact the nominations committee at Nominations@q300pta.org if you are interested.Keep on reading this post...
Box Tops for Education is a rebate program for school communities to raise money for school and their children. Since 1996 families have clipped and sent Box Tops in to their schools, which received 10 cents for each of Box Tops contributed. Starting this year, families can contribute to the Q300 Box Tops fundraising either by (1) submitting the box top coupons on General Mills products and other grocery products by major brands (e.g., Cheerios, Spillsbury, Annie's etc; see here the list) or (2) scanning your receipt for the eligible products with the Box Tops for Education app (https://qrco.de/bb9f1D). In order to use the app, you will have to sign up for the Q300 team on the Box Tops for Education program on their website (http://btfe.com/).
Physical Box Tops clips are being phased out this year, but we can still submit Box Tops until Friday, October 4, 2019. Please send all clipped Box Tops with your child to their teacher in a ziploc bag. If you have an old collection sheet with Box Tops, please send that in too!
See more information about the Box Tops fundraising at https://www.q300pta.net/fundraising/box-tops-for-q300-education/. For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Keep on reading this post...
The following PTA positions for 2019-2020 are still open. The election will take place at the PTA Meeting on Thur, October 17 (6:00pm @ Lower Division (PS17)). Contact email@example.com if you are interested.
Description of the PTA positions currently open for 2019-2020
The Q300 Chess Team is hosting a " "! This is a great opportunity to meet with the Q300 chess team and find out everything you ever wanted to know, including how to join. All new families and the entire Q300 community + their families are more than welcome to come.
About the event: This is a valuable team building opportunity - we (the Chess Team) really don’t get together all that often, outside of tournaments. This will allow us to put some names to faces, hang out, and chart the path forward. For new kids/parents, it will give them a chance to get all their questions answered, and bond with the group in an informal setting. We will have numerous chess activities for the kids - a puzzle solving contest, games vs. one another, a “blitz challenge” vs. coaches, and more. We will also present our vision for the year 2019-20 and beyond, including team training sessions, and the unveiling of the brand-new “online learning” NYChessKids portal - something Saudin and team have been working very hard on.Keep on reading this post...
Our first PTA General Membership Meeting will be held on Thursday, September 19th at 6:00 pm at the PS 17 campus. Although this is a parent-focused event, children are welcome. If you bring your children, you may want to bring a quiet activity to keep them occupied during the meeting. There will be some child care support during the meeting. We look forward to seeing you there.
Keep on reading this post...
NYC Department of Education provides free Microsoft Office 365 Education for Students to students and families in the NYC public school system in 2019-2020. After registration at the websites below, you will be able to install up to 5 copies of the latest Microsoft Office suite for their PCs and Macs and up to 5 copies for their iOS or Android devices too.Keep on reading this post...
The Q300 PTA will hold our annual back-to-school picnic on Sunday, August 25, from 3-6pm in Rainey Park. Please join us in welcoming new families and getting together to celebrate the start of a new school year. This is a casual, bring-your-own food and drink event. An RSVP helps us get an idea of how many people will be attending for planning purposes, but is not necessary--just show up and have a good time. If you can help out with the event, thank you! Feel free to sign up for one of the volunteer shifts listed here. We look forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new members of the Q300 community.
We expect to offer private bus service again for the 2019-20 school year to both the lower and upper division campuses. If you are interested in private transportation, please sign up through the appropriate link below:
See https://www.q300pta.net/resources/bus-info/#privatebus for more information about the 2019-2020 private bus. Please note that private bus routes are coordinated by volunteer parents and are not managed or administered by the PTA. Also, if your child is entering K-6 and you are interested in OPT (free public yellow school bus) service instead of a private bus in Queens, please contact Jenny Lando, the school’s parent coordinator, at JennyLando@Q300.org.Keep on reading this post...
Ready yourselves for a boat-load of reading this summer!
The Summer Read-a-Thon is back! Each year, our students read all summer long and encourage family and friends to sponsor all their reading efforts! All net proceeds of the Read-a-Thon go to the Q300 PTA and to help pay for the school’s enrichment programs.Keep on reading this post...
Grab a treat at Ample Hills Creamery on the last day of school (12-4pm on Wednesday, June 26, 2019)! 25% of your purchase will be donated to Q300 PTA (present this coupon before payment). No better way to begin the summer break with the kids! Ample Hills is located at 34th st & 30th ave (just a few blocks away from the Lower Division of Q300).Keep on reading this post...
Does your child grow like a weed? Does your child's uniform pants, which seemed so big at the beginning of the year, now fit like shorts? Well, you can help defray the expense of buying new uniforms by participating in the Q300 uniform swap.
If you are interested in purchaisng new uniforms, visit the Q300 (not PTA) website at https://www.q300.org/uniforms.html for more information. Here is the link to Land's End, one of the uniform venders: http://www.landsend.com/pp/SchoolSearch.html?action=landing&selectedSchoolNum=900164872.Keep on reading this post...
This information was shared by one of the Q300 PTA parents. Some free sports-related summer programs for kids (and some for adults) that might be of interest to Q300 families:
Inviting K, 1, 2 & 5th Grade students to participate in Q300's pilot Book Swap!
Students in these grades should bring 1-2 used books to school Wednesday, June 5. Books should be in good condition and will be permanently exchanged so please do not send a book your child would like returned. Book Swap will take place in class on Friday, June 7. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Q300 Community Affairs
Reminder that pre-registration for Serious Fun afterschool for 2019-2020 at PS17Q/Q300 has already started at http://seriousfunnyc.org and will end Friday, June 14, 2019. There is a discount ($50 registration fee and $150 program tuition off) for families pre-registering during this period.
Please note that there are some exciting new classes being offered next year. This includes Full STEAM Ahead one-hour premium classes on Fridays, with one semester of Snapology's engineering program and one semester of Launch Math and Science Center's exciting science-based classes. There is a minimum of 10 kids required for each grade bracket (2 grade brackets total) or else the class will be cancelled. Here is a full list of what is offered and when at PS17/Q300: https://seriousfunnyc.asapconnected.com/#CourseIndexKeep on reading this post...
Q300 Lower Division will hold school registration for new elementary school families on Monday, June 17 and Thursday, June 20, 2019 and Q300 PTA is looking for volunteers to talk about the Q300 PTA events, fundraising, and any other aspects of your experience with the school. If you are available/interested, please sign up here
General PTA Meeting
Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
Atom Smasher Robotic Team
Field Trip to the Met
Math in Action
100th Day of School
100th Day of School
Visiting Henry Matisse
Matilda on Broadway
Nature Field Trip
A fun night at Q300
Imagination and Creativity
It's all about
Architecture Project Celebration