- Date: Friday, April 5, 2019
- Time: 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division Gym (28-37 29th st, Astoria, NY 11102)
Please join us for a fun and fitness-filled evening at the PS 17 campus on Friday, April 5, 2019 from 5:30-7:00pm.
We will be co-sponsoring our 4th annual Zumba-thon with the PS 17 PTA in the PS 17 gymnasium (28-37 29th St, Astoria, NY 11102) to raise money for enrichment programs in both schools. This event was such a blast last year that we are excited to do it again. We jointly raised over $4000 – which was split between both schools.
Tanuja Duffy, of Zumba with Tanuja, has agreed, once again, to donate an hour and a half “master class” for a Zumba-thon for both schools for the second year in a row. You may be asking, “What is Zumba?” Well, it is a dance fitness program that derives movements from Latin American dance. Think of this an aerobic dance party!
The class will be geared towards adults, but some kids do come and have a blast! If kids are there, we do a few kids zumba numbers too! They are more than welcome to join us (and get their own pledges)! No Zumba experience is required. Tanuja creates a supportive and fun-filled environment where we can all have a good time. Suggested optional donation is $5 to take the class!
There are several ways to participate (even if you do not want to Zumba):
1) You can use this online platform to set up a personal page and get donations through social media and email: https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/2019-zumba-thon-fundraiser
To add yourself as a participant, simply click “Join” and the site will guide you through the rest. In under 2 minutes you will have a pledge page that will be ready to take donations and be shared. This was very effective for us last year!
2) You can use the paper pledge sheet (arriving in your child’s backpack after the break but also attached here) to get pledges from friends and family members the old-fashioned but tired and true way. You will turn this in with the money the day of the event.
3) Encourage friends and family members to join us. They can participate, get pledges, and/or also join your team. It will be a fun-filled night!
4) If you cannot come that night, or cannot Zumba, please sponsor someone. Perhaps another parent from your kid’s class.
We are proud of our collaborative partnerships with our co-located schools for the mutual benefit of all of our children!