Month: June 2016
June PTA General Meeting.
The PTA General Meeting will occur on June 23 at 6 pm at the elementary school campus at 28-37 29th Street, Astoria. The agenda will include the following:
- Proposed Amendment to the PTA Bylaws;
- PTA Board and SLT Elections (see below);
- 2016-2017 PTA Budget
Date / Time
Thursday, June 23rd starting at 6:00pm
Elementary School Campus Gymnasium
28-37 29th Street, Astoria, NY 11102
Calling for PTA Board and SLT Candidates.
PTA Board: All board positions are open.
The only qualification for all positions is that the candidate be a current parent of a child in the school. We are especially in need of a Treasurer(s)!
- President (up to 2 positions)
- Executive Vice President (VP) (1 position only)
- Secretary (up to 2 positions)
- Treasurer (up to 2 positions)
- VP-Membership (up to 2 positions)
- VP-Fundraising (up to 2 positions)
- VP-Communications (up to 2 positions)
- VP-Community Affairs (up to 2 positions)
- VP, Lower Division (1 position elected in the June meeting)
- VP, Upper Division (1 position elected in the June meeting)
SLT Parent Members. Three SLT Parent Positions are open.
The only qualification for the positions is that the candidate be a current parent of a child in the school.
As you know, each year, Q300 makes a request to all families that they provide school supplies from a grade-specific list. In Q300’s first year, families found it time-consuming and insufficient to individually search for items on that list and deliver those items to school. Since then, we have worked with Mülee to develop a one-stop website where parents can purchase all the items on the list with a few clicks of a computer mouse and have them delivered directly to the school.
The Q300 PTA is coordinating an online order for school supplies that will be delivered to the school before the start of the new school year.
To participate in the program
- Point your browser to TheMulee.com and enter the school code: 8502.
- Select the grade kit that corresponds to the grade your child will be entering in 2016
- Enter your child’s first and last name; once that’s done add the item to your cart and check out.
The deadline for ordering supplies is Friday, June 24, 2016.
In early September, each student will receive a custom packed cardboard “briefcase,” containing all the school supplies requested by your teacher.
While participation this program is not mandatory, we have found this to be a wonderful way to save time, effort and money and have one less thing to worry about in those first few days of school next September!