Month: March 2019
- Date: Saturday, April 6 – Sunday, April 7, 2019
- Time: Varies
- Place: Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School (5 W 93rd St, New York, NY 10025)
- URL: https://chessgirls.win
Just sharing an opportunity for an upcoming Girls Chess Tournament. The 3rd annual New York State Girls Chess Championship is taking place on Saturday and Sunday, April 6 and 7. Depending on the section, this would be a 1 or 2 day tournament. Seven Q300 girls are registered for this year’s tournament (representing grades 1, 2, 4 and 5). In last year’s tournament, Q300 tied for 1st place as a team with the Dalton School!
If there are girls interested in participating this year, the link is below.
NY STATE GIRLS CHAMPIONSHIPS – April 6-7 (Columbia Grammar)
Here’s the info: https://chessgirls.win/
Please feel free to email Q300Chess@googlegroups.com with any questions about the NY State Girls Championships.
- Date: Friday, April 5, 2019
- Time: 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division Gym (28-37 29th st, Astoria, NY 11102)
Please join us for a fun and fitness-filled evening at the PS 17 campus on Friday, April 5, 2019 from 5:30-7:00pm.
We will be co-sponsoring our 4th annual Zumba-thon with the PS 17 PTA in the PS 17 gymnasium (28-37 29th St, Astoria, NY 11102) to raise money for enrichment programs in both schools. This event was such a blast last year that we are excited to do it again. We jointly raised over $4000 – which was split between both schools.
Click here for more info.
- Date: Friday, February 22, 2019 to Sunday, March 17, 2019
- Place: Museum of the Moving Image (36-01 35th Ave, Queens) and many other locations
- Price: $14 – General Admission
The FINAL WEEKEND of the NY International Children’s Film Festival is approaching! This is your last chance to get tickets and raise money for our Q300 PTA. Thank you to those who have already purchased tickets.
View the schedule for the final weekend at https://nyicff.org/festival/2019-program/.
Here are film selections for each age group:
- All ages – Moominvalley – tickets were just added to the post popular film of the 2019 Festival!
- Ages 5-10 – Short Films One – brimming with stories full of growth and transformation. (Some Q300 2nd grade families will be attending these over the weekend)
- Ages 7+ – Friends & Neighbors, Netherlands – Cinekid, The Netherland’s premiere film festival for children, comes ashore to share their best films.
- Ages 7+ Ailo: A Lapland Odyssey – Follow a young reindeer’s first year at close range, filled with moments of puzzlement, wonder, struggle, and delight
- Ages 8-14 – Short Films Two – for young audiences growing in experiences and ideas.
- Ages 8+ – The Falcons – An Icelandic soccer team encounters their biggest challenge yet! Director in attendance for Q&A!
- Ages 8+ – Double Trouble – Heist-meets-art-history caper where nothing and no one is quite what it seems (Poland).
- Ages 9+ – Dilili in Paris – Travel to the bustling cafe culture of Paris in the Belle Epoque with Dilili
- Ages 10+ – Girls’ POV Short Films – A peek into what it is like to be a girl, all over the world
- Ages 10+ – Boy Beyond Boundaries – Short films that are redefine how boys can feel, think, and be.
- Ages 10+ – Raoul Taburin – Proving that even the biggest champ harbors a little imposter syndrome, Raoul Taburin shows that weaknesses can be strengths when we learn to roll with them together.
- Ages 12+ – Short Films Three – Short films covering a wide range of topics, themes and film styles.
To buy tickets AND raise money for our school PTA, simply:
Go to http://nyicff.org/tickets/ and select our school (Q300 30th Ave School) from the “Select My School/School Partner” Menu towards the top (IMPORTANT)
Our PTA earns $3 for each ticket you purchase. ***Fundraising will not apply to purchases made with a discount code or with group discounts.***
Please fill out the school survey! You can do so online by looking up your survey code with your child’s name, birthday and school. This is an important opportunity to share your thoughts on the school. It’s an opportunity to share our glows and grows of the school.
Our goal of Q300 is to achieve a 100% parent participation rate. The more surveys completed, the more data we will have to continue improving our school. If you need assistance, please contact Jenny Lando, parent coordinator, for more information or assistance.
The survey is due on Wednesday, April 3, 2019.
The Long Island City Youth Soccer Academy is offering a five week program with 50% of the program fee going to the PTA. The $200 program, includes 2 – 1 hour classes over five weeks (10 Classes Total). More information can be had by contacting the program directly.
The aim of the Long Island City Youth Soccer Academy is to give players a platform to have fun and learn from the beautiful game of soccer. Our goal is to develop players at all level of play by building and improving skills, confidence and teamwork.
- Practice schedule: 2 Soccer Practices per week
- Pricing: week training program is $200 (2 practices per week/each practice is 1 hour)
- Ages: Boys and Girls 5-14 years
- Enrollment period: Until March 31st, 2019
- Place: Murray Playground (45th Ave and 21st St., Long Island City 11101)