The PTA will hold its General Membership Meeting on Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 6:30pm in the upper division campus auditorium at 31-51 21st Street, Long Island City, NY 11106. The agenda will include the election of all Board positions of the PTA and of one (1) parent position of the School Leadership Team (“SLT”).
Call For PTA Board And SLT Parent Member Candidates
A. The PTA calls for candidates to fill positions on the PTA Board
B. The SLT calls for candidates to fill 1 parent member SLT positions
If you are interested in running for any Board positions or for the SLT parent member positions, please contact the Nominations Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org, by May 10, 2019. Please note that nominations will also be taken from the floor during the meeting.
For more information, please read the official call for candidates document in your child’s backpack or e-mail.
[Edit on Wednesday, May 1, 2019]
Below is the information about the open positions for 2019-2020.
PTA Board. All board positions are open. The only qualification for all positions is that the candidate be a current parent or guardian of a child in the school.
- President (up to 2 positions)
- Executive Vice President (VP) (1 position only)
- Secretary (up to 2 positions)
- Treasurer (up to 2 positions)
- VP-Membership (up to 2 positions)
- VP-Fundraising (up to 2 positions)
- VP-Communications (up to 2 positions)
- VP-Community Affairs (up to 2 positions)
- VP, Lower Division (1 position elected in the May/June meeting, 1 more in September to allow for new parents to run)
- VP, Upper Division (1 position elected in the May/June meeting, 1 more in September to allow for new parents to run)
SLT Parent Members. One SLT Parent Position is open. As per bylaws, at least one member of the SLT must be a middle school parent or guardian and at least one must be an elementary parent or guardian. The three incumbent members represent both divisions, so we it is open to any division parent or guardian to run. The only qualification for the position is that the candidate be a current parent or guardian of a child in the school.
If you are interested in running for any positions, please email the Nominations Committee (email@example.com) by May 10, 2019, with your name and position. You may also submit a brief bio. A list of candidates and bios will be compiled and circulated.