Enjoy food, wine and art at a midtown contemporary art gallery with your fellow Q300 community members – including teachers – all for the benefit of the students of Q300!
- Date: Friday, November 15, 2019
- Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
- Location (new this year): ClampArt (247 W 29th St, New York, NY 10001 (between 7th and 8th Avenues) / Ground Floor)
- Description: Friends and Family Welcome, tickets are $50 per person and can be purchased online (see the link below) or by sending a check made out to Q300 PTA (please note “gallery night” in the memo on the check) in your child’s communication folder. Unfortunately this event is not a fun activity for kids.
For inquiries, contact Raechel at email@example.com.
The Q300 PTA is excited to partner with La Guli Bakery of Astoria to provide delicious pies for our Thanksgiving feasts and to help raise funds for school programs. There are four different pies (Apple, Pumpkin, Blueberry, and Cherry) and each 8-inch pie costs $17.
Order online here with a credit card or use this paper form (the deadline of the paper-based order is Friday, November 8, 2019) and return to school with a check made out to Q300 PTA in a sealed envelope. The price for the pie will be $17.75 online as it will include $0.75 processing fee.
The fourth grade & eighth grade families are organizing Bake Sale on Tuesday, November 12th, during the Parent-Teacher Conferences. The purpose of this Bake Sale is to raise funds that will help us with our Graduation Ceremony as well as to enable our students to experience the end-of‐the‐year trip. We also plan to print out a memory book. Please stop by to encourage us. This is a pay-what-you-can sale.
Buy gift cards to over 70 major retailers and the Q300 PTA gets a percentage of the face value of each card. Download the order form here.
Act now! Orders are due Monday, November 25, 2019.
- Date: Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- Time: 1:00pm-7:00pm
- Place: Explorations Room Of Q300 Lower Division
- URL (online book fair on Nov 4-12): https://astoriabookshop.com
- URL (volunteer sign-up): https://bit.ly/2Ns48rl
- Date: Friday, December 6, 2019
- Time: 5:30pm-8:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division (PS17 / 28-37 29th st., Astoria, NY 11102)
We will screen Moana (https://movies.disney.com/moana) this year. Doors open at 5:30 pm and the movie starts by 5:45pm. This is a free event with $1 concessions and pizza ($1 half slice and $2 full slice). Contact Lynn Kennedy, co-President of Q300 PTA, at LynnK@q300pta.org for inquiries. Sign- up for volunteer at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084da5a729a2fe3-movie
Are you interested in seeing Disney on Ice at Barclays Center on November 15-17, 2019? Buy your tickets through our special Q300 link (http://www.barclayscentergroups.com/PSQ300) and Q300 PTA will receive a $5 donation for each ticket sold. (The link also has tickets for the Harlem Globetrotters and Jurassic World in February 2020, if you’re interested in those shows.)
- Date: Friday, November 15 – Sunday, November 17, 2019
- Time: Vary
- Place: Barclays Center (Address: 620 Atlantic Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217)
- URL: Buy tickets at http://www.barclayscentergroups.com/PSQ300. See the show information here
- Contact: Claire Lui (ClaireL@q300pta.org)
- Description: Hit the road with Mickey Mouse and his pals for a high-octane ride in Disney On Ice presents Road Trip Adventures !! Exciting twists and turns await as Mickey, Minnie, Goofy—and you—embark on a wild ride to your favorite Disney destinations. Travel with Moana to the sun-soaked Motunui, set off on a safari to the Pride Lands with Simba. Discover a whole new world as you’re swept up in Aladdin’s princely parade. Play at a larger-than-life carnival with Woody and Forky. Join us for a fun-filled getaway jam-packed with unexpected hijinks and up-close character interactions — Here at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York !!
Q300PTA is hosting our 5th Annual Q300 Costume Party on Sunday, October 27, 2019 at the Lower Division campus (P.S.17). $10.25 Adults and $5.25 Children. Each ticket includes pizza, drink, music, magic show, fun activities and a haunted stage! The link to ticket purchase is available below (via PayPal).
- Date: Sunday, October 27, 2019
- Time: 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division (PS17 / 28-37 29th St, Astoria, NY 11102)
- Tickets: $10 per adult and $5 per kid
Embark on a mouth-watering adventure at T-Swirl Crepe on Tues, Nov. 12, 2019 (11:30am-9:00pm, Parent Teacher Conference Day). Located a few blocks from the Lower Division, T-Swirl Crepe has more than a dozen delicious crepe selections (also gluten-free options). 20-30% of your purchase will be donated to Q300 PTA. Write “Q300” on the receipt and put it in a basket at the casher.
Box Tops for Education is a rebate program for school communities to raise money for school and their children. Since 1996 families have clipped and sent Box Tops in to their schools, which received 10 cents for each of Box Tops contributed. Starting this year, families can contribute to the Q300 Box Tops fundraising either by (1) submitting the box top coupons on General Mills products and other grocery products by major brands (e.g., Cheerios, Spillsbury, Annie’s etc; see here the list) or (2) scanning your receipt for the eligible products with the Box Tops for Education app (https://qrco.de/bb9f1D). In order to use the app, you will have to sign up for the Q300 team on the Box Tops for Education program on their website (http://btfe.com/).
Physical Box Tops clips are being phased out this year, but we can still submit Box Tops until Friday, October 4, 2019. Please send all clipped Box Tops with your child to their teacher in a ziploc bag. If you have an old collection sheet with Box Tops, please send that in too!
See more information about the Box Tops fundraising at https://www.q300pta.net/fundraising/box-tops-for-q300-education/. For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.