Q300PTA Stepping Into Summer Online Auction is Q300 PTA’s biggest fundraising event of the year. Our fabulous online auction items will be available from Sunday, May 5, 2019 until 10pm on Thursday, May 23, 2019.
All proceeds will go toward PTA-funded enrichments for our remarkable students. Please pass along the link below to your friends and family so they can get in on the fun!
Online bidding runs from Sunday, May 5th until Thursday, May 23rd at 10:00pm. You will have to register on our online auction platform (https://www.auctria.com) to make a bit (you will also need to supply your credit card information before making a bit). If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Watch the UEFA Champions League Soccer Final (Tottenham vs. Liverpool) with Q300 families on Saturday, June 1 from 3-6pm at Sanger Hall in Sunnyside! Root for your fave team and support your school while enjoying juicy burgers, loaded fries, drinks, and more (Vegan and vegetarian options also available). A portion of your purchase will be donated to the Q300 PTA. Game starts at 3pm! See you there!
- Sanger Hall
- 48-20 Skillman Ave, Sunnyside, NY 11104
- Tel: (718) 457-8130
Come out to MCU Park in Coney Island as the Brooklyn Cyclones take on the Staten island Yankees in a Battle for the Bridge matchup, on Sunday, June 23rd, 2019.
Gates open at 2:00 pm and the game starts at 4:00 pm. Tickets are $17 each, with additional handling and credit card fees and each comes with a free cap and wristband!
Buy your tickets here: https://groupmatics.events/event/Q300
This is just a friendly reminder that our Q300 spiritwear t-shirt campaign closes in 3 days, Friday, May 10, 2019. You can place an order online at https://www.customink.com/fundraising/q300.
Our 8th graders did a great job designing these colorful t-shirts. Enjoy them on gym days or any day outside school to show Q300 spirit and support our graduating class!
Those who have ordered the t-shirt will receive e-mail after the campaign closes. Please respond to the e-mail with your kid’s name/class to receive your tees (or pick them up at the 5/30 PTA meeting).
The 5th Annual Q300 PTA Stepping Into Summer Dance Party & Silent Auction
- Date: Sunday May 5th, 2019
- Time: 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Place: Central in Astoria (20-30 Steinway st. Astoria, NY 11105)
DJ, DANCING, FOOD & DRINK!
Early Bird Tickets available until April 5th, $25 for adults, $15 for kids
Regular Tickets available until May 4th, $30 for adults, $18 for kids
Day of event at door (if not sold out), $32 for adults, $20 for kids
Click here for more information.
- Date: Friday, April 5, 2019
- Time: 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division Gym (28-37 29th st, Astoria, NY 11102)
Please join us for a fun and fitness-filled evening at the PS 17 campus on Friday, April 5, 2019 from 5:30-7:00pm.
We will be co-sponsoring our 4th annual Zumba-thon with the PS 17 PTA in the PS 17 gymnasium (28-37 29th St, Astoria, NY 11102) to raise money for enrichment programs in both schools. This event was such a blast last year that we are excited to do it again. We jointly raised over $4000 – which was split between both schools.
Click here for more info.
- Date: Friday, February 22, 2019 to Sunday, March 17, 2019
- Place: Museum of the Moving Image (36-01 35th Ave, Queens) and many other locations
- Price: $14 – General Admission
The FINAL WEEKEND of the NY International Children’s Film Festival is approaching! This is your last chance to get tickets and raise money for our Q300 PTA. Thank you to those who have already purchased tickets.
View the schedule for the final weekend at https://nyicff.org/festival/2019-program/.
Here are film selections for each age group:
- All ages – Moominvalley – tickets were just added to the post popular film of the 2019 Festival!
- Ages 5-10 – Short Films One – brimming with stories full of growth and transformation. (Some Q300 2nd grade families will be attending these over the weekend)
- Ages 7+ – Friends & Neighbors, Netherlands – Cinekid, The Netherland’s premiere film festival for children, comes ashore to share their best films.
- Ages 7+ Ailo: A Lapland Odyssey – Follow a young reindeer’s first year at close range, filled with moments of puzzlement, wonder, struggle, and delight
- Ages 8-14 – Short Films Two – for young audiences growing in experiences and ideas.
- Ages 8+ – The Falcons – An Icelandic soccer team encounters their biggest challenge yet! Director in attendance for Q&A!
- Ages 8+ – Double Trouble – Heist-meets-art-history caper where nothing and no one is quite what it seems (Poland).
- Ages 9+ – Dilili in Paris – Travel to the bustling cafe culture of Paris in the Belle Epoque with Dilili
- Ages 10+ – Girls’ POV Short Films – A peek into what it is like to be a girl, all over the world
- Ages 10+ – Boy Beyond Boundaries – Short films that are redefine how boys can feel, think, and be.
- Ages 10+ – Raoul Taburin – Proving that even the biggest champ harbors a little imposter syndrome, Raoul Taburin shows that weaknesses can be strengths when we learn to roll with them together.
- Ages 12+ – Short Films Three – Short films covering a wide range of topics, themes and film styles.
To buy tickets AND raise money for our school PTA, simply:
Go to http://nyicff.org/tickets/ and select our school (Q300 30th Ave School) from the “Select My School/School Partner” Menu towards the top (IMPORTANT)
Our PTA earns $3 for each ticket you purchase. ***Fundraising will not apply to purchases made with a discount code or with group discounts.***
The Long Island City Youth Soccer Academy is offering a five week program with 50% of the program fee going to the PTA. The $200 program, includes 2 – 1 hour classes over five weeks (10 Classes Total). More information can be had by contacting the program directly.
The aim of the Long Island City Youth Soccer Academy is to give players a platform to have fun and learn from the beautiful game of soccer. Our goal is to develop players at all level of play by building and improving skills, confidence and teamwork.
- Practice schedule: 2 Soccer Practices per week
- Pricing: week training program is $200 (2 practices per week/each practice is 1 hour)
- Ages: Boys and Girls 5-14 years
- Enrollment period: Until March 31st, 2019
- Place: Murray Playground (45th Ave and 21st St., Long Island City 11101)
Do you love to eat good food? Tasty Mediterranean treats? And also love to help raise funds for enrichment? Well, have we got the deal for you! From Saturday, March 2 through Sunday, March 10, simply go to Cim Cim Restaurant on Ditmars, order your food, present this attached coupon, and 20% of your check goes back to the PTA! Cim Cim is located on 33-08 Ditmars Blvd. in Astoria. Check out their website: www.cimcimkitchen.com. Their reviews on yelp are off the charts good too!
Also, don’t forget to stop by Bonjour Crepes and Wine for delicious sweet and savory crepes, waffles, coffee, wine and more during the Lower Division Parent Teacher Conference (on Thursday, March 14, 2019). You can bring the printed coupon or show it on your phone when you purchase. Or you can just point out to the many community fundraiser coupons plastered all over Bonjour Crepes and Wine when you make your purchase. A whopping 25% of your purchase will go back to the PTA!
Finally, not really local, but hey… the internet is everywhere!
Spring Tea Collection Fundraiser
Starting on Monday, March 4 through Monday, March 11, will be our Spring Tea Collection fundraiser.
Use our code SDS19Q300PTA and you’ll get 15% off your order + free shipping and 15% of your order will be donated to Q300 PTA. You can check out what’s available at teaschooldays.com! (Remember—for the discount and fundraiser to work, you must shop through teaschooldays.com and not the regular Tea Collection site.)
Collecting Box Tops is an easy way for our school to earn money!
Look for the pink Box Tops logo on BoxTopsParticipatingProducts – all you have to do is clip them and send them to school.
In addition to the Box Tops that can be clipped, Box Tops for Education offers credits if you download and use the Box Tops App. Click this link for more info: https://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp
Cut Box Tops from participating brands, attach to the Box Tops Collection Sheet and send to school in your child’s backpack by Friday, February 15. If you aren’t able to attach the Box Tops to a BoxTopsCollection sheet, you can also send Box Tops in a baggie. Please label the baggie PTA Box Tops.