- Date: Friday, January 31, 2020
- Time: 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division campus (28-37 29th St, Astoria, NY 11102)
Our 6th annual Winter International Potluck and Festival will be on Friday, January 31st at the Elementary School Campus from 6:00pm-8:00pm. This is a school wide event! K-8 extravaganza! This is a lovely community event where every brings dishes from all over the world!
- Food, Attendance, and Volunteer. To RSVP, let us know the type of dish you will be bringing, or sign up to help with the event (craft table, Costco run, etc…), please click the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4aa9ac22a6f94-q3005
- Prizes for Auction. We will also be raffling and silent auctioning a few prizes. We are looking in particular for camp prizes though welcome others. If you can donate or can solicit a donation, please fill out the Winter Festival Auction Donation Form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-Zt8e8MXPaBFcOU25tmZb6pcb0vS8bZDP_SYJTtvqUJAvbw/viewform. See below for more information about the auction prizes.
- Grade Tables. We’re asking that each class (up to 2 per grade) plan an appropriate activity that can be set up and run at a table during the event. You can put together anything—a craft, a coloring activity, origami. Last year we even had a parent set up a chopsticks station where children were able to experiment with picking up different items, like legos and marbles! If you are interested and helping to organize this for your child’s grade, please reach out to your class parent or the LD (Barbara Monroe or Christina Lee) and UD (Sae Makino-Siller and Milena Ivanova) representatives!
Tuesday, December 3, 2019 is #GivingTuesday. GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.
We are grateful to the Q300 families who have pledged or donated to the Direct Appeal. So far, we have raised a little over 40% of our Direct Appeal goal to fund teaching assistants, enrichment programs, teacher professional development, and other critical resources for our kids’ education.
Please help support the PTA by doing any of the following:
As we head into the holiday weekend, just a reminder for your holiday shopping (Black Friday and Cyber Monday!) that we have a number of ways to shop online that help raise money for the Q300 PTA:
- Shop at Amazon through this link, the Q300 PTA can get 4% (and sometimes more, depending on the category) of your shopping: http://bit.ly/Q300Amazon
- Storefront for Shutterfly and Tiny Prints, if you’re planning on ordering some of those cute holiday photo cards: http://q300pta.shutterflystorefront.com
- Cute clothes for kids at our Primary.com storefront, with 10% kickback, which is good for everything on their site, not just uniforms: https://www.primary.com/school/q300
- Children’s Bookstore is our online partner for books—we will get 30% through December 16th and 15% back for the rest of the year: https://www.childrensbookstore.com/welcome/?ref=S5YWTCW
Are you a family that likes making and sending holiday photo cards? If so, consider ordering through our Shutterfly storefront (also includes Tiny Prints). The Q300 PTA will receive 8% of your order to help your child’s learning at Q300. This year’s goal is to raise $500. Here is the link:
Enjoy food, wine and art at a midtown contemporary art gallery with your fellow Q300 community members – including teachers – all for the benefit of the students of Q300!
- Date: Friday, November 15, 2019
- Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
- Location (new this year): ClampArt (247 W 29th St, New York, NY 10001 (between 7th and 8th Avenues) / Ground Floor)
- Description: Friends and Family Welcome, tickets are $50 per person and can be purchased online (see the link below) or by sending a check made out to Q300 PTA (please note “gallery night” in the memo on the check) in your child’s communication folder. Unfortunately this event is not a fun activity for kids.
For inquiries, contact Raechel at email@example.com.
The Q300 PTA is excited to partner with La Guli Bakery of Astoria to provide delicious pies for our Thanksgiving feasts and to help raise funds for school programs. There are four different pies (Apple, Pumpkin, Blueberry, and Cherry) and each 8-inch pie costs $17.
Order online here with a credit card or use this paper form (the deadline of the paper-based order is Friday, November 8, 2019) and return to school with a check made out to Q300 PTA in a sealed envelope. The price for the pie will be $17.75 online as it will include $0.75 processing fee.
The fourth grade & eighth grade families are organizing Bake Sale on Tuesday, November 12th, during the Parent-Teacher Conferences. The purpose of this Bake Sale is to raise funds that will help us with our Graduation Ceremony as well as to enable our students to experience the end-of‐the‐year trip. We also plan to print out a memory book. Please stop by to encourage us. This is a pay-what-you-can sale.
Buy gift cards to over 70 major retailers and the Q300 PTA gets a percentage of the face value of each card. Download the order form here.
Act now! Orders are due Monday, November 25, 2019.
- Date: Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- Time: 1:00pm-7:00pm
- Place: Explorations Room Of Q300 Lower Division
- URL (online book fair on Nov 4-12): https://astoriabookshop.com
- URL (volunteer sign-up): https://bit.ly/2Ns48rl
- Date: Friday, December 6, 2019
- Time: 5:30pm-8:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division (PS17 / 28-37 29th st., Astoria, NY 11102)
We will screen Moana (https://movies.disney.com/moana) this year. Doors open at 5:30 pm and the movie starts by 5:45pm. This is a free event with $1 concessions and pizza ($1 half slice and $2 full slice). Contact Lynn Kennedy, co-President of Q300 PTA, at LynnK[at]q300pta.org for inquiries. Sign- up for volunteer at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084da5a729a2fe3-movie