The Q300 PTA will hold our annual back-to-school picnic on Sunday, August 25, from 3-6pm in Rainey Park. Please join us in welcoming new families and getting together to celebrate the start of a new school year. This is a casual, bring-your-own food and drink event. An RSVP helps us get an idea of how many people will be attending for planning purposes, but is not necessary–just show up and have a good time. If you can help out with the event, thank you! Feel free to sign up for one of the volunteer shifts listed here. We look forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new members of the Q300 community.
- Date: Sunday, August 25, 2019
- Time: 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Place: Rainey Park (Vernon Blvd, Astoria, NY 11106)
- URL: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4aa9ac22a6f94-q3004
Does your child grow like a weed? Does your child’s uniform pants, which seemed so big at the beginning of the year, now fit like shorts? Well, you can help defray the expense of buying new uniforms by participating in the Q300 uniform swap.
- Drop-Off Uniforms
Please donate any uniform in good condition that your child has outgrown via your child’s backpack. Teachers will collect the uniforms and send them to designated bins in the lower and upper division campuses. Please make sure all clothing is laundered. We will collect clothing through the last day of school.
For those with kindergarten and first grade students, please send in your outgrown uniforms by Friday, June 14, so that we can sort them and make them available for the Welcome Breakfast for new admits.
- Pick-Up Uniforms
Please pick up any uniform that may fit your child for next year. We will set up a uniform table at various PTA events, including the PTA general meeting on Thursday, June 20 and the Q300 summer picnic on Sunday, August 25. Please consider making a donation for any clothing you take, and all proceeds will benefit the PTA.
If you are interested in purchaisng new uniforms, visit the Q300 (not PTA) website at https://www.q300.org/uniforms.html for more information. Here is the link to Land’s End, one of the uniform venders: http://www.landsend.com/pp/SchoolSearch.html?action=landing&selectedSchoolNum=900164872.
Inviting K, 1, 2 & 5th Grade students to participate in Q300’s pilot Book Swap!
Students in these grades should bring 1-2 used books to school Wednesday, June 5. Books should be in good condition and will be permanently exchanged so please do not send a book your child would like returned. Book Swap will take place in class on Friday, June 7. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Q300 Community Affairs
Q300 Lower Division will hold school registration for new elementary school families on Monday, June 17 and Thursday, June 20, 2019 and Q300 PTA is looking for volunteers to talk about the Q300 PTA events, fundraising, and any other aspects of your experience with the school. If you are available/interested, please sign up here
- Date: Sunday, June 9, 2019
- Time: 11:00am- (Pregame activities/performances begin at 11:00am. Game begins at 1:10pm)
- Place: Citi Field (123-01 Roosevelt Ave, Queens, NY 11368)
- Cost: $23 per person (All family members need an individual ticket)
PS 17 has invited Q300 (K-8) to partake in a special Mets Outing with them. For $23 a person, you will get tickets in the promenade section, access to the family activities at 11 am, an opportunity for both schools to put on a performance on stage during this family activity time, a free giveaway at the door, and a chance for children (12 and under) to run the bases following the game.
Ticket Orders and payment (cash or check) must be received by Wednesday, May 1, 2019. Click here for the registration form.
What your ticket includes:
– Pregame activities (games, bounce house, music)
– Performance by PS17Q and Q300 students
– Promotional giveaway at the door
– A seat in the Promenade level
– Opportunity for kids to run the bases after the game
Rain date information will follow regular Mets rain date procedure (they do not have specific dates assigned ahead of time for rain days, so we would be informed at the time if game is rained out).
Our annual Welcome Breakfast for new students and families will be held on Saturday, June 15, from 10 am-12 noon in the play yard at the Lower Division. Please join us to welcome new families to our community by signing up to volunteer at signupgenius.com.
- Date: Saturday, June 15, 2019
- Time: 10:00am-12:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division (PS 17 building; 28-37 29th St, Astoria, NY 11102)
- URL: Link to volunteer
G300’s Lower Division Presents Pjammin for Kids with Cancer on Monday, June 10th, 2019 to support The American Childhood Cancer Organization (https://www.acco.org/pjammin/).
Students, Teachers, and staff at school are invited to participate in this fun awareness event!
Bring in a minimum donation of $3 (CASH ONLY) and wear your pajamas to school/work for the day to support the thousands of kids kids That are living in their pajamas while on treatment!
Please Turn in all donations To Class 201
See the flyer for more information.
PJammin® for Kids with Cancer isa signature awareness event of The American Childhood Cancer Organization and is a registered trademark used under license.
Q300PTA has arranged the BioBus visits to Q300 in May. Through the BioBus experience, students will be able to discover the excitement of hands-on science aboard this mobile lab, which is equipped with $75,000 worth of microscopes and that is staffed by scientists.
The dates of the visits are:
- Lower Division: May 13th and May 14th
- Upper Division: May 22nd and 23rd
Each class will engage in hands-on science work. Possible topics for each grade include:
- Kindergarten: Itty Bitty Bug Shapes
- 1st grade: Seeing Shapes
- 2nd grade: Daphnia, Microscopes and Me
- 3rd grade: Daphnia, Microscopes and Me
- 4th-6th grade: Microscopic Ecosystems
- 7th grade: Cells, Cells, Cells
- 8th grade: The Living Environment
You can read more about the BioBus and its mission at http://www.biobus.org/about.
The 5th Annual Q300 PTA Stepping Into Summer Dance Party & Silent Auction
- Date: Sunday May 5th, 2019
- Time: 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Place: Central in Astoria (20-30 Steinway st. Astoria, NY 11105)
DJ, DANCING, FOOD & DRINK!
Early Bird Tickets available until April 5th, $25 for adults, $15 for kids
Regular Tickets available until May 4th, $30 for adults, $18 for kids
Day of event at door (if not sold out), $32 for adults, $20 for kids
Click here for more information.
- Date: Friday, May 31, 2019
- Time: 8:00am-2:15pm (time varies depending on grade/class)
- Place: Athens Square Park
- Description: Q300 Lower Division is organizing Park Day on Friday, May 31, 2019. Each class or grade will be out in the Athens Square Park for one period and enjoy the beautiful spring weather as they help take care of the neighborhood park and learn about recycling, composting, and NYC’s environmental initiatives such as Green NYC. Volunteers needed (during your child’s grade or for the whole day) to help students clean up the park, paint park benches, build tree guards and add mulch to tree beds. To volunteer sign up at https://tinyurl.com/y27dokfx by Friday, May 10, 2019. Also, Q300 is seeking guest speakers to present throughout the day about recycling, Green NYC, composting, tree care or the Earth. Speakers will be given 30 minutes to present to the students and 10-15 mins for questions. Anyone interested in presenting please contact community affairs at email@example.com.