- Date: Friday, May 24, 2019
- Time: Lower Division: 8:30am-10:30am / Upper Division: 11:00am-12:30pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division and Upper Division
- Description: Q300 is hosting the 1st annual STEAM Fair. This celebration will showcase classroom projects that will get everyone excited about learning and experimenting STEAM (which is an abbreviation for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math). All Q300 families are invited.
The 5th Annual Q300 PTA Stepping Into Summer Dance Party & Silent Auction
- Date: Sunday May 5th, 2019
- Time: 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Place: Central in Astoria (20-30 Steinway st. Astoria, NY 11105)
DJ, DANCING, FOOD & DRINK!
Early Bird Tickets available until April 5th, $25 for adults, $15 for kids
Regular Tickets available until May 4th, $30 for adults, $18 for kids
Day of event at door (if not sold out), $32 for adults, $20 for kids
Click here for more information.
Teacher Appreciation Week (Monday, May 6 – Friday, May 10) is coming up and we will be celebrating the week of May 6th! One of the things we would like to do is send notes of appreciation to our teachers and staff and then convert this into a giant poster – one for each campus. This is where we need your help!
We are collecting notes for all members of the Q300 staff through his google form. https://forms.gle/7VpGEhgMvib1R38w9
You can fill this out with your child (or have them fill it out on their own – depending on age obviously). We have made it easy for you and have created a drop down box for all teachers and staff (including cluster and specials teachers, administrators, secretaries, parent coordinator, paraprofessionals, TAs, etc..). You can fill out the form multiple times if there are several folks that your child wants to thanks!
Please fill out the form(s) by April 29, 2019 (the absolute latest) so we can then create and print the poster.
- Date: Sunday, May 5, 2019
- Time: 9:15am-
- Place: Q300 Lower Devision (28-37 29th street, Queens, NY, 111002)
- Cost: $35-$45
- URL: https://www.nychesskids.com/q300-tournaments
Please come out to participate in Q300’s last chess tournament of the school year. Whether this is your first or you’ve been to many before, it is bound to be fun for everyone! There will be rated and unrated sections and children playing in all levels. If you don’t want to play, no problem! Come and cheer on your fellow Q300 friends! But if you do want to play, register here (https://nychesskids.wufoo.com/forms/z7zsn451t21t6a/)
- Date: Sunday, June 9, 2019
- Time: 11:00am- (Pregame activities/performances begin at 11:00am. Game begins at 1:10pm)
- Place: Citi Field (123-01 Roosevelt Ave, Queens, NY 11368)
- Cost: $23 per person (All family members need an individual ticket)
PS 17 has invited Q300 (K-8) to partake in a special Mets Outing with them. For $23 a person, you will get tickets in the promenade section, access to the family activities at 11 am, an opportunity for both schools to put on a performance on stage during this family activity time, a free giveaway at the door, and a chance for children (12 and under) to run the bases following the game.
Ticket Orders and payment (cash or check) must be received by Wednesday, May 1, 2019. Click here for the registration form.
What your ticket includes:
– Pregame activities (games, bounce house, music)
– Performance by PS17Q and Q300 students
– Promotional giveaway at the door
– A seat in the Promenade level
– Opportunity for kids to run the bases after the game
Rain date information will follow regular Mets rain date procedure (they do not have specific dates assigned ahead of time for rain days, so we would be informed at the time if game is rained out).
- Date: Saturday, April 6 – Sunday, April 7, 2019
- Time: Varies
- Place: Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School (5 W 93rd St, New York, NY 10025)
- URL: https://chessgirls.win
Just sharing an opportunity for an upcoming Girls Chess Tournament. The 3rd annual New York State Girls Chess Championship is taking place on Saturday and Sunday, April 6 and 7. Depending on the section, this would be a 1 or 2 day tournament. Seven Q300 girls are registered for this year’s tournament (representing grades 1, 2, 4 and 5). In last year’s tournament, Q300 tied for 1st place as a team with the Dalton School!
If there are girls interested in participating this year, the link is below.
NY STATE GIRLS CHAMPIONSHIPS – April 6-7 (Columbia Grammar)
Here’s the info: https://chessgirls.win/
Please feel free to email Q300Chess@googlegroups.com with any questions about the NY State Girls Championships.
- Date: Friday, April 5, 2019
- Time: 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division Gym (28-37 29th st, Astoria, NY 11102)
Please join us for a fun and fitness-filled evening at the PS 17 campus on Friday, April 5, 2019 from 5:30-7:00pm.
We will be co-sponsoring our 4th annual Zumba-thon with the PS 17 PTA in the PS 17 gymnasium (28-37 29th St, Astoria, NY 11102) to raise money for enrichment programs in both schools. This event was such a blast last year that we are excited to do it again. We jointly raised over $4000 – which was split between both schools.
Click here for more info.
- Date: Friday, March 22, 2019
- Time: 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Place: Q300 Upper Division 5th Floor Gym (31-51 21st St, Long Island City, NY)
– Coach & Referee Volunteers should have knowledge of basketball game play and rules.
– Volunteers: please arrive at the Upper Division Campus 5th Floor Gym at 9:00AM. Bring Photo ID to sign in with security at the main entrance.
– Snacks, water and other donations can be sent with students and given to ToniAnne.
Thank you in advance for your help!
- Date: Friday, January 25th, 2019
- Time: 6:30pm-8:00pm
- Place: PS17 campus (28-37 29th St, Astoria, NY 11102)
Our 5th annual Winter International Potluck and Festival will be on Friday, January 25th at the Elementary School Campus from 6:30-8 pm. This is a school wide event! K-8 extravaganza! This is a lovely community event where every brings dishes from all over the world!
We also have craft tables, activities, and raffle and auction prizes while eating great food. This event is a tradition and was the FIRST EVER Q300 school-wide event (originally in November 2014) and we will be celebrating our 5th year as a school!
There will be items raffled and auctioned at the event (restaurants, toys, gift cards, etc…) but the emphasis on the camp prizes (which will launch before the event). Please help us get great prizes! We already have some which are listed below! Winter Festival Prize Form
We had some fantastic auction items last year and we already have some great prizes on deck (see below). How do we always get such great items to auction? FROM YOU!
We need your help to get more auction items and sponsors for our journal. We are seeking donated items and sponsors and YOU can help put us over the top. Here is a sample letter (link) to use when soliciting donations or sponsorships. Feel free to adapt it! And, while in person requests (especially with your children present) are always the most effective, here’s a sample email you can use as well (again, feel free to adapt it!).
DONATE AUCTION ITEMS like restaurant gift cards, small business gift cards, kids’ activities, tickets to the theater or sporting events, gift baskets, vacation home weekends and hotel stays. More personal items are great too. We love parent experiences – do you have a talent or skill, amateur or professional, to share with the community? Our parents have offered up everything from home-cooked meals to a singing telegram experience, from architecture consultation to percussion lessons, from a book reading to Chinatown tours and more. Use this online auction prize donation form to submit the donation info. Please be as detailed as possible and include all items restrictions, expiration dates, etc. Questions? Contact email@example.com.