- Date: Tuesday, March 3, 2020
- Time: 1:00pm-3:00pm & 4:30pm-7:30pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division 4th floor (28-37 29th St, Long Island City, NY 11102)
Annual Q300 PTA Stepping Into Summer Dance Party & Silent Auction 2020. DJ, Dancing, Food & Drink, Silent Auction, Raffles, and Online Auction! The venue might reach capacity so tickets are limited quantity!
- Date: Sunday, May 3, 2020
- Time: 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Place: Central in Astoria (20-30 Steinway St, Astoria NY 11105)
- Tickets: Early bird (thru April 8): $25 per adult and $15 per kid
Advance sale (After April 8): $30 per adult and $18 per kid
Door price (if available): $32 per adult and $20 per kid
- Shoutout: Shout-outs: $10 and 140 characters (see more info below)
- URL: https://www.q300pta.net/p/summer-party2020
Join us for a night of movement, fun, and community to help our schools raise money for enrichment programs. Please donate what you can to support us! Note that 25% of the funding raised for this year’s zumbathon will go to earthquake relief for Puerto Rico. Online link to fundraising here: http://bit.ly/PS17Q300Zumba
- Date: Friday, April 3, 2020
- Time: 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division Gym (28-37 29th st, Astoria, NY 11102)
- URL: http://bit.ly/PS17Q300Zumba
The Q300 PTA and the PS17 PTA are so proud to be co-sponsoring our 5th annual Zumba-thon to raise money for enrichment programs and supplies for all our students at PS 17 and Q300. The amazing Tanuja Duffy, of Zumba with Tanuja will conduct an hour and half master class to which we all can Zumba!
Our second ever upper division school basketball tournament is on! Mark your calendars! Volunteers are needed to referee and coach and we are seeking water and snack or prize donations. Volunteer sign up: https://tinyurl.com/yxy96f86. For questions, contact: Ginar[at]q300pta.org.
- Date: Thursday, March 5, 2020
- Time: 8:40am-3:00pm
- Place: Q300 Upper Division (31-51 21st street, 5th floor)
- URL: https://tinyurl.com/yxy96f86
Join us for another Q300-hosted tournament this school year. With No Score and Unrated sections included, it’s a perfect format for those students who have had a positive taste of chess in curriculum to make their first tournament splash amongst familiar faces in a ‘home field’ setting of mostly beginners.
- Date: Sunday, February 9, 2020
- Time: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Divison (28-37 29th St, Queens, NY 11102)
- URL: https://www.nychesskids.com/q300-tournaments
Here’s the registration link: https://www.nychesskids.com/q300-tournaments
OR, skip the registration and just come on by. It’s also just a casual Q300 bonding event if curious students/parents want to get a feel for the environment, ask questions, play some pickup chess – snacks, drinks, pizza, positive energy and good people. The physical set up is wide open, parents mingle, students/siblings have fun goldfish-grazing and hanging out between games.
The final Q300-hosted tournament will be on Sunday May 3, so this may also be a great opportunity to do some reconnaissance if your child is still learning chess in curriculum this semester, and might be en route to a May tournament plunge.
Harry Potter Night. Save the Date. February 29, 2020. The 8th graders are organizing a fundraiser for their graduation. This event will be open to all and include creative Potter crafts, games and snacks for the whole family. Stay tuned for more details. Dressing up as your favorite character is welcomed.
- Date: Saturday, February 29, 2020
- Time: 2:00pm-5:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division (28-37 29th street)
RSVP by Friday, February 14. See the invitation for more information about the event. If you want to support this event, please consider purchasing items on this Amazon wishlist: https://amzn.to/36TfBYH. For inquiries, please contact at erinsblack[at]gmail.com
- Date: Friday, January 31, 2020
- Time: 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division campus (28-37 29th St, Astoria, NY 11102)
Our 6th annual Winter International Potluck and Festival will be on Friday, January 31st at the Elementary School Campus from 6:00pm-8:00pm. This is a school wide event! K-8 extravaganza! This is a lovely community event where every brings dishes from all over the world!
- Food, Attendance, and Volunteer. To RSVP, let us know the type of dish you will be bringing, or sign up to help with the event (craft table, Costco run, etc…), please click the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4aa9ac22a6f94-q3005
- Prizes for Auction. We will also be raffling and silent auctioning a few prizes. We are looking in particular for camp prizes though welcome others. If you can donate or can solicit a donation, please fill out the Winter Festival Auction Donation Form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-Zt8e8MXPaBFcOU25tmZb6pcb0vS8bZDP_SYJTtvqUJAvbw/viewform. See below for more information about the auction prizes.
- Grade Tables. We’re asking that each class (up to 2 per grade) plan an appropriate activity that can be set up and run at a table during the event. You can put together anything—a craft, a coloring activity, origami. Last year we even had a parent set up a chopsticks station where children were able to experiment with picking up different items, like legos and marbles! If you are interested and helping to organize this for your child’s grade, please reach out to your class parent or the LD (Barbara Monroe or Christina Lee) and UD (Sae Makino-Siller and Milena Ivanova) representatives!
On December 20, 2019, the PTA will be sponsor a holiday breakfast for our amazing teachers and staff at Q300! Please consider contributing a baked good, box of coffee, or other food item for the teachers and staff to enjoy, and/or help set up.
- Date: Friday, December 20, 2019
- Time: 7:30am-
- Place: Lower Division (Teachers’ workroom on the 3rd floor) and Upper Division (Principal’s Office)
- URL: Volunteer sign-up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0c45afa82caafa7-q300
Q300 PTA will collect coats and socks at the PTA meetings on Thursday, November 21 (LD). Collection boxes will also be at both the upper and lower division campuses for families who wish to send donations in with their child from Monday, November 18 through Friday, December 13, 2019.
- Date: Monday, November 18 to Friday, December 13, 2019
- Place: Q300 Lower Division (28-37 29th st, Room 300) and Upper Division (31-51 21st st, Main Office)
Help ensure every New Yorker has the opportunity to stay warm, healthy, and safe over the winter.
- Please donate gently worn, clean (or new) coats that will go to neighbors in need of warm clothing.
- Please donate new socks (all sizes) to distribute to homeless shelters across the NYC area. Socks are one of the most requested items in homeless shelters, yet among the least-often donated.
This event is organized in collaboration with New York Cares (https://www.newyorkcares.org/coat-drive) and Socks in the Box (https://www.facebook.com/Socks-in-the-Box-407837032673370/).
On Wednesday, November 27th, 2019, the PTA will have a Thanksgiving appreciation luncheon for all of the staff and teachers at both campuses. We are so grateful for all of their hard work! We are also grateful for the generous donation made by Flavors NYC in Manhattan, which just opened a new store in Astoria called Local Kitchen.
- Date: Wednesday, November 27, 2019
- Time: 8:45pm – lunch time
- Place: Q300 Lower Division (28-37 29th st) and Upper Division (31-51 21st street)
- Volunteer URL: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdv2TEdEXAoSW7cyChTBdRMK1-mvxFXSDZogTgqQDmjaD7NzQ/viewform