We had some fantastic auction items last year and we already have some great prizes on deck (see below). How do we always get such great items to auction? FROM YOU!
We need your help to get more auction items and sponsors for our journal. We are seeking donated items and sponsors and YOU can help put us over the top. Here is a sample letter (link) to use when soliciting donations or sponsorships. Feel free to adapt it! And, while in person requests (especially with your children present) are always the most effective, here’s a sample email you can use as well (again, feel free to adapt it!).
DONATE AUCTION ITEMS like restaurant gift cards, small business gift cards, kids’ activities, tickets to the theater or sporting events, gift baskets, vacation home weekends and hotel stays. More personal items are great too. We love parent experiences – do you have a talent or skill, amateur or professional, to share with the community? Our parents have offered up everything from home-cooked meals to a singing telegram experience, from architecture consultation to percussion lessons, from a book reading to Chinatown tours and more. Use this online auction prize donation form to submit the donation info. Please be as detailed as possible and include all items restrictions, expiration dates, etc. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, November 15, the day of teacher conferences, Bonjour Crepes & Wine, at 34-10 30th Ave, has generously offered to donate 25% of your final bill to the Q300 PTA. The offer is good all day.
So plan to meet up with friends and enjoy their savory and sweet crepes and maybe a glass of wine for the grownups? Please print a copy of this flyer for each bill and hand it to your server so the PTA can receive the 25% donation from Bonjour Crepes & Wine.
Get gift cards to tons of stores and use them as gifts, or use them for your own holiday shopping. The PTA gets a cut without added cost for anyone. flyer/form (pdf).
The Holiday Gift Card Sale: How does it work?
– Buy a gift card—choose from 70+ businesses on this form. After you receive your gift card the Q300 PTA will receive a donation from the card distribution company. The amount will be a percentage of the face value of the gift card. You only pay the face value—just like buying a card at a store.
– As you look through the list, see the retailers marked with “$$$”. These provide the largest rebate to the PTA. For example, for every $100 gift card for Lands’ End, The Q300 PTA earns $16. Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic is another great one at $14 for every $100 gift card you order.
– Sell gift cards to friends and coworkers!
– Whether it’s for your own family or a gift for someone else, let your shopping help the Q300 PTA. Work in a big offi ce? Consider selling cards to coworkers and bundle them together onto your form like a scout selling cookies. Note: If you do that, we’ll send all the gift cards in your group to you and you will take responsibility for the distribution of those gift cards to the people who bought them through you.
Orders are due Monday, November 19, 2019. The cards will be delivered via your kids (unless you make special arrangements) the week of December 3.
For much more detailed info see the flyer/form (pdf).
Come down to Uno Pizzeria & Grill in Long Island City for Q300 Pizza Day and to show off your “I Voted” sticker!
20% of your check will come right back to the PTA, and you just might run into some Q300 community friends.
This has become a Parent-Teacher Conference day tradition. Come for lunch on the day off of school or come for dinner! The coupon is good all day long.
Better yet, invite some friends or classmates and come as a group! It’s all for a good cause… and let’s face it, who doesn’t love pizza!!!
Can’t make it… we still get 20% back for take out and delivery!
Dates: Nov 6th – All Day (Lunch or Dinner)
Where: Uno’s Pizzeria & Grill
37-11 35th Ave, Long Island City, NY 11101
What to Bring: Download and print the form (Needed for Q300 Donation) : PDF
Why you should Go: Umm.. Pizza!
Q300 PTA THANKSGIVING PIE SALE
ORDERS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY FRIDAY NOVEMBER 9th
Once again, the Q300 PTA is excited to partner with La Guli Pastry Shop of Astoria to provide delicious pies for our Thanksgiving feasts and to help raise funds for school programs.
All pies are 8 inches and cost $15 each or $15.75 for online orders (transaction fee added) Same price as last year!
The 4th Annual Q300
Sunday, October 28th 3-5 pm!
There will be…
- Raffle and auction loot
- Door prizes
- Photo booth
- Pizza and other food & drink
- Interactive magic show and dance party in the gym
- Spooky stories and creepy critters in the auditorium
- Games and activity stations for all ages in the cafeteria: Bean bag toss, ring toss, crafts, can knock downs, and much more…
Welcome back to school for our Q300 families! We’re in for a start of another amazing year. One of the great things about Q300 is the strength of our community. There’s a great wealth of resources available to help us stay informed. Please review the below sources of information. Sign up and stay informed!
Official School Communications
Firstly, please be sure that your information is current with Q300’s Parent Coordinator, Jenny Lando. If you haven’t gotten the School Handbook, or notifications from her, please be sure to update your contact information: Jenny Lando <email@example.com>
Official PTA Communications
The PTA sends out formal bulletins through their mailing list. If you do not wish to receive the formal PTA Communications, you can unsubscribe from the link at the end of the email. To provide your contact information to the PTA, please fill out the following form: Q300 PTA Contact Form
Official PTA Facebook Page
After answering a few short questions and validating your child’s enrollment, our moderators will approve your membership to the group. This is a closed group.
Unofficial Google Group resources
The community also stays connected through informal google groups that are moderated by parent volunteers. This is the forum for respectful information that affects the school community. Please note that there are close to 1000 recipients on this list. Please be mindful of what you post. Also review your subscription information. Some parents benefit from daily or weekly digests. Of course, you can always unsubscribe from the link at the end of the emails. You will be added when you complete the Q300 PTA Contact Form.
- September 5 First Day of School!
- September 10-11 School Closed, Rosh Hashanah observed
- September 17 Lower Division Curriculum Night
- September 19 School Closed, Yom Kippur observed
- September 20 Upper Division Curriculum Night
- September 24 SLT meeting
- September 27 PTA General Membership Meeting
Q300 Informal Gathering, Sunday, August 26, 2018 from 3 to 6 pm. We invite you and your family for a fun, informal gathering with other families, Principal Bill Biniaris, and Q300 teachers on Sunday, August 26, 2018 from 3 to 6 pm at Rainey Park in Astoria. IF you can, please RSVP here (and sign up to help): Back to School Picnic RSVP
Your kids are gonna read their heads off this summer! The class with the highest level of participation wins a pizza party for the whole grade. This year it’s even better because we’ve brought back the Online Book Fair as an added benefit to help raise money for enrichment programs for our children. But the Online Book Fair only lasts for a short time starting June 4 and ending June 18. Find out the details.