Recent Q300 events
Below are recent announcements about the events that the Q300 PTA is hosting/organizing.
Q300 PTA will collect coats and socks at the PTA meetings on Thursday, November 21 (LD). Collection boxes will also be at both the upper and lower division campuses for families who wish to send donations in with their child from Monday, November 18 through Friday, December 13, 2019.
- Date: Monday, November 18 to Friday, December 13, 2019
- Place: Q300 Lower Division (28-37 29th st, Room 300) and Upper Division (31-51 21st st, Main Office)
Help ensure every New Yorker has the opportunity to stay warm, healthy, and safe over the winter.
- Please donate gently worn, clean (or new) coats that will go to neighbors in need of warm clothing.
- Please donate new socks (all sizes) to distribute to homeless shelters across the NYC area. Socks are one of the most requested items in homeless shelters, yet among the least-often donated.
This event is organized in collaboration with New York Cares (https://www.newyorkcares.org/coat-drive) and Socks in the Box (https://www.facebook.com/Socks-in-the-Box-407837032673370/).
On Wednesday, November 27th, 2019, the PTA will have a Thanksgiving appreciation luncheon for all of the staff and teachers at both campuses. We are so grateful for all of their hard work! We are also grateful for the generous donation made by Flavors NYC in Manhattan, which just opened a new store in Astoria called Local Kitchen.
- Date: Wednesday, November 27, 2019
- Time: 8:45pm - lunch time
- Place: Q300 Lower Division (28-37 29th st) and Upper Division (31-51 21st street)
- Volunteer URL: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdv2TEdEXAoSW7cyChTBdRMK1-mvxFXSDZogTgqQDmjaD7NzQ/viewform
The PTA is seeking a couple volunteers to help bring the food upstairs and spruce up the room! If you are able to help, please fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdv2TEdEXAoSW7cyChTBdRMK1-mvxFXSDZogTgqQDmjaD7NzQ/viewform
We are seeking a couple volunteers to help with the following:
- Spruce up the Teachers Workroom at the Lower Division Campus (PS 17) around 8:45 am.
- Transport some of the food (which will be packaged and bagged) up the stairs at each school around 9 am at Lower Division (PS 17) and around 19:30 at Upper Division. (IS 126)
Please note this is separate from the informal Holiday Collection. That collection will end in December and will culminate in a potluck Teacher Appreciation Breakfast. More specific details will be provided on that event closer to the date.
The fourth grade & eighth grade families are organizing Bake Sale on Tuesday, November 12th, during the Parent-Teacher Conferences. The purpose of this Bake Sale is to raise funds that will help us with our Graduation Ceremony as well as to enable our students to experience the end-of‐the‐year trip. We also plan to print out a memory book. Please stop by to encourage us. This is a pay-what-you-can sale.
- Date: Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- Time: 1:00pm-7:00pm
- Place: Explorations Room Of Q300 Lower Division
- URL (online book fair on Nov 4-12): https://astoriabookshop.com
- URL (volunteer sign-up): https://bit.ly/2Ns48rl
Stop in to the Explorations Room on Tuesday, November 12th to buy a book for your family or to donate a book to the Q300 classrooms! Cash and credit cards will be accepted at the Book Fair. The online book fair will be held from November 4th - November 12th at https://astoriabookshop.com. Use the codes below to order. These orders will be delivered to your child's classroom in order to qualify as part of the fundraiser.
- School's code: 29TH STREET (for K-4) and 21ST STREET (for 5-8)
- Your child's name
- Your child's classroom teacher's name
Please note that families will have an opportunity to buy books for their kids as well as an opportunity to purchase books to donate to the teachers to help expand the classroom libraries. Here is a compiled list of teacher/staff wishlists and all time favorite books of teachers and staff in the Q300 Lower Division.
- Date: Friday, December 6, 2019
- Time: 5:30pm-8:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division (PS17 / 28-37 29th st., Astoria, NY 11102)
We will screen Moana (https://movies.disney.com/moana) this year. Doors open at 5:30 pm and the movie starts by 5:45pm. This is a free event with $1 concessions and pizza ($1 half slice and $2 full slice). Contact Lynn Kennedy, co-President of Q300 PTA, at LynnK@q300pta.org for inquiries. Sign- up for volunteer at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084da5a729a2fe3-movie