Recent Q300 events
Below are recent announcements about the events that the Q300 PTA is hosting/organizing.
Q300PTA has arranged the BioBus visits to Q300 in May. Through the BioBus experience, students will be able to discover the excitement of hands-on science aboard this mobile lab, which is equipped with $75,000 worth of microscopes and that is staffed by scientists.
The dates of the visits are:
- Lower Division: May 13th and May 14th
- Upper Division: May 22nd and 23rd
Each class will engage in hands-on science work. Possible topics for each grade include:
- Kindergarten: Itty Bitty Bug Shapes
- 1st grade: Seeing Shapes
- 2nd grade: Daphnia, Microscopes and Me
- 3rd grade: Daphnia, Microscopes and Me
- 4th-6th grade: Microscopic Ecosystems
- 7th grade: Cells, Cells, Cells
- 8th grade: The Living Environment
You can read more about the BioBus and its mission at http://www.biobus.org/about.
The 5th Annual Q300 PTA Stepping Into Summer Dance Party & Silent Auction
- Date: Sunday May 5th, 2019
- Time: 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Place: Central in Astoria (20-30 Steinway st. Astoria, NY 11105)
DJ, DANCING, FOOD & DRINK!
Early Bird Tickets available until April 5th, $25 for adults, $15 for kids
Regular Tickets available until May 4th, $30 for adults, $18 for kids
Day of event at door (if not sold out), $32 for adults, $20 for kids
Click here for more information.
- Date: Friday, May 31, 2019
- Time: 8:00am-2:15pm (time varies depending on grade/class)
- Place: Athens Square Park
- Description: Q300 Lower Division is organizing Park Day on Friday, May 31, 2019. Each class or grade will be out in the Athens Square Park for one period and enjoy the beautiful spring weather as they help take care of the neighborhood park and learn about recycling, composting, and NYC's environmental initiatives such as Green NYC. Volunteers needed (during your child's grade or for the whole day) to help students clean up the park, paint park benches, build tree guards and add mulch to tree beds. To volunteer sign up at https://tinyurl.com/y27dokfx by Friday, May 10, 2019. Also, Q300 is seeking guest speakers to present throughout the day about recycling, Green NYC, composting, tree care or the Earth. Speakers will be given 30 minutes to present to the students and 10-15 mins for questions. Anyone interested in presenting please contact community affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teacher Appreciation Week this year is Monday, May 6 - Friday, May 10 and the Q300 PTA has sponsored a breakfast at both campuses on Tuesday, May 7th, 2019. Please see how you can help and sign up to help at the links below:
- Lower Division: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0F4EADAA28A2FF2-lower1
- Upper Division: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f4eadaa28a2ff2-upper1
Volunteers are needed to set up breakfast on Tuesday, May 7th at both the Lower Division and Upper Division Campuses. Donations of table cloths, paper goods and flowers are requested to help make the breakfast special for our amazing teachers. Donations should be sent in to the main office by Monday, May 6th.
Breakfast volunteers should arrive at the venue by 8:15am on Tuesday, May 7th.
Thanks in advance for your help!
- Date: Friday, May 24, 2019
- Time: Lower Division: 8:30am-10:30am / Upper Division: 11:00am-12:30pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division and Upper Division
- Description: Q300 is hosting the 1st annual STEAM Fair. This celebration will showcase classroom projects that will get everyone excited about learning and experimenting STEAM (which is an abbreviation for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math). All Q300 families are invited.