Recent fundraising announcements
Below are recent announcements about the fundraising efforts by the Q300 PTA.
- Date: Friday, January 31, 2020
- Time: 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division campus (28-37 29th St, Astoria, NY 11102)
Our 6th annual Winter International Potluck and Festival will be on Friday, January 31st at the Elementary School Campus from 6:00pm-8:00pm. This is a school wide event! K-8 extravaganza! This is a lovely community event where every brings dishes from all over the world!
- Food, Attendance, and Volunteer. To RSVP, let us know the type of dish you will be bringing, or sign up to help with the event (craft table, Costco run, etc…), please click the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4aa9ac22a6f94-q3005
- Prizes for Auction. We will also be raffling and silent auctioning a few prizes. We are looking in particular for camp prizes though welcome others. If you can donate or can solicit a donation, please fill out the Winter Festival Auction Donation Form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-Zt8e8MXPaBFcOU25tmZb6pcb0vS8bZDP_SYJTtvqUJAvbw/viewform. See below for more information about the auction prizes.
- Grade Tables. We’re asking that each class (up to 2 per grade) plan an appropriate activity that can be set up and run at a table during the event. You can put together anything—a craft, a coloring activity, origami. Last year we even had a parent set up a chopsticks station where children were able to experiment with picking up different items, like legos and marbles! If you are interested and helping to organize this for your child’s grade, please reach out to your class parent or the LD (Barbara Monroe or Christina Lee) and UD (Sae Makino-Siller and Milena Ivanova) representatives!
If you have other questions about the event, please contact Ellie Rabinovich and Maria Hantzopoulos at membership[at]q300pta.org.
Call for Prizes and Donations for Winter Auction 2020
In conjunction with our International Potluck in January, we will be running an online auction and raffle. We are currently calling for donations of auction items. We are open to all kinds of prizes (e.g., restaurants, spas, etc.); however, we make a special call for camp prizes to auction. If you know any camps that may be popular with Q300 families, please consider asking if they would donate a session, a discount, or a credit toward a summer camp, which we would auction to support PTA programs.
Ask camp organizers, stores, restaurants, and extracurricular programs for your children to support the auction. You can also let the camps and business owners know that the prize donation might also make members of our school community aware of their camp and business.
Here is a sample letter to give potential donors
If you have any questions, please reach out to Joanna Holzman at joannah[at]q300pta.org.
If you do get a prize, please fill out our donation form here: https://forms.gle/kCmrN2Rd4vYzDzfL9
Tuesday, December 3, 2019 is #GivingTuesday. GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.
We are grateful to the Q300 families who have pledged or donated to the Direct Appeal. So far, we have raised a little over 40% of our Direct Appeal goal to fund teaching assistants, enrichment programs, teacher professional development, and other critical resources for our kids’ education.
Please help support the PTA by doing any of the following:
- If you have not yet given, please make a donation.
- Please send emails to family, friends, and colleagues asking them to donate to the PTA. Below is a sample email that you can personalize.
- Please post on social media with the hashtag #GivingTuesday and the link: https://www.q300pta.net/da/
- Please create a personal Facebook fundraiser. Facebook will match donations on Giving Tuesday for up to a total of $7 million. They will start matching at 8:00 am EST. (Please note that last year, the match was exhausted within a matter of seconds). To start a fundraiser, please look up Q300 Parent-Teacher Association, Inc. and follow the instructions. https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers/. Nonprofit and donor matching limits apply.
Thanks very much for your commitment to enriching our kids' education.
Have a great Thanksgiving!
Sue Sekar, Co-Chair of Direct Appeal (fundraising[at]q300pta.org)
David Wang, Co-Chair of Direct Appeal (fundraising[at]q300pta.org)
Q300 Parent-Teacher Association, Inc. (EIN: 47-2258209) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Your charitable contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
As we head into the holiday weekend, just a reminder for your holiday shopping (Black Friday and Cyber Monday!) that we have a number of ways to shop online that help raise money for the Q300 PTA:
- Shop at Amazon through this link, the Q300 PTA can get 4% (and sometimes more, depending on the category) of your shopping: http://bit.ly/Q300Amazon
- Storefront for Shutterfly and Tiny Prints, if you're planning on ordering some of those cute holiday photo cards: http://q300pta.shutterflystorefront.com
- Cute clothes for kids at our Primary.com storefront, with 10% kickback, which is good for everything on their site, not just uniforms: https://www.primary.com/school/q300
- Children's Bookstore is our online partner for books—we will get 30% through December 16th and 15% back for the rest of the year: https://www.childrensbookstore.com/welcome/?ref=S5YWTCW
- If you prefer an independent bricks and mortar bookseller, we recommend Book Culture, in Long Island City and Manhattan, which will give 30% of sales back to the PTA as long as you mention you are part of Q300 at the register!: https://www.bookculture.com
- Let us know if you want a key fob for Fairway kickbacks! (We have them somewhere...)
- We also have an account on GoodShop, which is linked to more than 500+ online retailers, including some very niche websites (I will confess to spending a long time on BonsaiBoy.com yesterday, when I fell down an internet rabbit hole of pondering whether to become a bonsai master) for your holiday shopping: https://www.goodshop.com/nonprofit/q300-parent-teacher-association
Thank you to all of the Q300 community and wishing everybody a very happy Thanksgiving holiday! Our communities are the greatest gift of all!
Claire Lui (ClaireL[at]q300pta.org)
Are you a family that likes making and sending holiday photo cards? If so, consider ordering through our Shutterfly storefront (also includes Tiny Prints). The Q300 PTA will receive 8% of your order to help your child's learning at Q300. This year's goal is to raise $500. Here is the link:
The Q300 PTA is excited to partner with La Guli Bakery of Astoria to provide delicious pies for our Thanksgiving feasts and to help raise funds for school programs. There are four different pies (Apple, Pumpkin, Blueberry, and Cherry) and each 8-inch pie costs $17.
Order online here with a credit card or use this paper form (the deadline of the paper-based order is Friday, November 8, 2019) and return to school with a check made out to Q300 PTA in a sealed envelope. The price for the pie will be $17.75 online as it will include $0.75 processing fee.
In addition to La Guli Bakery in Astoria, Betty Bakery in Brooklyn is also participating in the Q300 PTA's Thanksgiving fundraising.
Every pie purchased using the following link will generate a $6 donation to the Q300 PTA:
https://betty-bakery.myshopify.com/collections/q300-thanksgiving-pie-fund-raiser. Last day to order at Betty Bakery is this Saturday, November 16th, 2019.
A couple of notes:
- You can choose to pick up the pies at the bakery or from Q300
- Q300 pickup will be at the same time as the other pickup
- When you order, you can choose per item where you'd like to get your pie. You can also choose at checkout (limits of technology).
- Pickups from the Bakery in Brooklyn will be your choice. We'll be open Thanksgiving Day until Noon.
Questions regarding pie orders from Betty Bakery should be directed to the Fundraising Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.