Recent fundraising announcements
Below are recent announcements about the fundraising efforts by the Q300 PTA.
Join us for a night of movement, fun, and community to help our schools raise money for enrichment programs. Please donate what you can to support us! Note that 25% of the funding raised for this year's zumbathon will go to earthquake relief for Puerto Rico. Online link to fundraising here: http://bit.ly/PS17Q300Zumba
- Date: Friday, April 3, 2020
- Time: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division Gym (28-37 29th st, Astoria, NY 11102)
- URL: http://bit.ly/PS17Q300Zumba
The Q300 PTA and the PS17 PTA are so proud to be co-sponsoring our 5th annual Zumba-thon to raise money for enrichment programs and supplies for all our students at PS 17 and Q300. The amazing Tanuja Duffy, of Zumba with Tanuja will conduct an hour and half master class to which we all can Zumba!
The goal is to raise collective funds for mutual necessities, as well as HAVE FUN! This year, we will also donate 25% of the proceeds to the Maria Fund, which is providing earthquake relief to communities hit by the series of earthquakes: https://www.mariafund.org/
The class is geared towards adults, but if you think your child can handle it, they are more than welcome to join us! No worries if you have never done Zumba! Tanuja creates a supportive and fun-filled environment where we can all have a good time. There is a suggested donation of $5.00 to take the class.
Create your own team's pledge page right here and share the link with your friends and families. If you are not able to join us, please consider sponsoring one of the other teams on the fundraising page.
Now let's get moving! Zumba!
Many thanks from the Q300 & PS 17 PTA!!
Harry Potter Night. Save the Date. February 29, 2020. The 8th graders are organizing a fundraiser for their graduation. This event will be open to all and include creative Potter crafts, games and snacks for the whole family. Stay tuned for more details. Dressing up as your favorite character is welcomed.
- Date: Saturday, February 29, 2020
- Time: 2:00pm-5:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division (28-37 29th street)
RSVP by Friday, February 14. See the invitation for more information about the event. If you want to support this event, please consider purchasing items on this Amazon wishlist: https://amzn.to/36TfBYH. For inquiries, please contact at erinsblack[at]gmail.com
We are excited to announce that our WinterFest Auction 2020 is now live! The WinterFest Auction features mostly summer camp prizes. Register as a bidder at https://charityauction.bid/Q300PTAWinter2020, bid on these amazing prizes, and share the site with friends and neighbors as anyone can bid. Get a great deal on a summer camp or our other prizes while you support our PTA. Just make sure to bid before the auction closes on Wednesday, February 12th at 10pm. Please share the URL with neighborhood groups and on social media after you've placed your own bids!
Sample Auction Items
- Camp Half-Blood in Central Park
- Pierce Day Camp
- Shibley Day Camp
- Industry Gymnastics, NY
- Chess Academy
- Steve and Kate's
- Astoria Art House
- Bonjour New York
- Commonpoint Queens
- Appel Farm Arts Camp
- Camp Ballibay
- Journey's End Farm Camp
- Camp Kinderland
- Astoria Film Festival
- Kaufman Music Center
- Soccer programs
- Rioult Dance
- and more!
Stop & Shop's A+ School Rewards is a unique and easy way Stop & Shop offers its customers opportunities to be rewarded by earning money for their designated schools. Since 2005, Stop & Shop has awarded more than $20 million to local schools
The Stop and Shop number for Q300 PTA is 41211. Please go to the website and register your Stop and Shop rewards card under this number: https://stopandshop.com/school-rewards/. This number also works for Peapod (Stop and Shop's delivery service). Points earned from shopping will be send at the end of the school year directly to the school—this is not a PTA Fundraising initiative, but we help coordinate it to help raise money for the school.
If you have any questions, please contact the co-VP of Fundraising at fundraising[at]q300pta.org.
- Date: Friday, January 31, 2020
- Time: 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division campus (28-37 29th St, Astoria, NY 11102)
Our 6th annual Winter International Potluck and Festival will be on Friday, January 31st at the Elementary School Campus from 6:00pm-8:00pm. This is a school wide event! K-8 extravaganza! This is a lovely community event where every brings dishes from all over the world!
- Food, Attendance, and Volunteer. To RSVP, let us know the type of dish you will be bringing, or sign up to help with the event (craft table, Costco run, etc…), please click the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4aa9ac22a6f94-q3005
- Prizes for Auction. We will also be raffling and silent auctioning a few prizes. We are looking in particular for camp prizes though welcome others. If you can donate or can solicit a donation, please fill out the Winter Festival Auction Donation Form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-Zt8e8MXPaBFcOU25tmZb6pcb0vS8bZDP_SYJTtvqUJAvbw/viewform. See below for more information about the auction prizes.
- Grade Tables. We’re asking that each class (up to 2 per grade) plan an appropriate activity that can be set up and run at a table during the event. You can put together anything—a craft, a coloring activity, origami. Last year we even had a parent set up a chopsticks station where children were able to experiment with picking up different items, like legos and marbles! If you are interested and helping to organize this for your child’s grade, please reach out to your class parent or the LD (Barbara Monroe or Christina Lee) and UD (Sae Makino-Siller and Milena Ivanova) representatives!
If you have other questions about the event, please contact Ellie Rabinovich and Maria Hantzopoulos at membership[at]q300pta.org.
Call for Prizes and Donations for Winter Auction 2020
In conjunction with our International Potluck in January, we will be running an online auction and raffle. We are currently calling for donations of auction items. We are open to all kinds of prizes (e.g., restaurants, spas, etc.); however, we make a special call for camp prizes to auction. If you know any camps that may be popular with Q300 families, please consider asking if they would donate a session, a discount, or a credit toward a summer camp, which we would auction to support PTA programs.
Ask camp organizers, stores, restaurants, and extracurricular programs for your children to support the auction. You can also let the camps and business owners know that the prize donation might also make members of our school community aware of their camp and business.
Here is a sample letter to give potential donors
If you have any questions, please reach out to Joanna Holzman at joannah[at]q300pta.org.
If you do get a prize, please fill out our donation form here: https://forms.gle/kCmrN2Rd4vYzDzfL9