Fundraising at Q300
IRS has determined that Q300 Parent-Teacher Association is exempt from Federal income tax under section 501c3 of the Internal Revenue Code. Further, all contributions to the PTA, from October 31, 2014 forward, are tax-deductible. Attached is the IRS determination letter. The IRS Determination letter can be found here: IRS Determination Ltr_(2015_07_31).
The PTA coordinates the Direct Appeal; a Spring Dance and Auction; Gallery Night Parent Outing; a Fall Costume Party; a Thanksgiving Pie Sale; an International Winter Festival; Picture Day; a Zumba-thon with PS 17; a Summer Read-a-thon; bake sales; and other activities. The Direct Appeal, which accounts for over 67% of monies received, raises money directly from families and friends.
To support the many important enrichment initiatives voted on by the members of the Q300 PTA, we’re reaching out for donations as part of our Direct Appeal.
Fundraising Shopping Links
Earn money for our school by shopping!
- Tiny Prints and Shutterfly – New for 2017!!
When you shop through our Tiny Prints Storefront and order holiday cards and stationery, Tiny Prints will donate 13% of your purchase to help our organization. http://q300pta.ShutterflyStorefront.com
- Shop Amazon Earn for Q300 PTA
There are two different ways to support Q300 when shopping at Amazon.
- Amazon Associates: Enter Amazon.com with this special link (bookmark it after you enter!) and up to 7% of your purchases will benefit the PTA.
- Amazon Smile: The Q300 PTA is a registered charity with Amazon Smile. Amazon will donate .5% (that’s point-five %) of every transaction to Q300, to get your Amazon account set up, just click here for details.
- Target – Take Charge of Education
1% of each transaction will be donated to Q300 when you use your Target Credit Card. Just Enroll your target card through this link.
- Children’s Bookstore
15% of each transaction will be donated to Q300 PTA.
- Stop & Shop
The Stop and Shop number for Q300 PTA is 41211. Please go to the website and register your Stop and Shop rewards card under this number: https://stopandshop.com/school-rewards/. This number also works for Peapod (Stop and Shop’s delivery service). Points earned from shopping will be send at the end of the school year directly to the school—this is not a PTA Fundraising initiative, but we help coordinate it to help raise money for the school.
Support the Q300 PTA while you use Goodsearch or Goodshop. Goodshop works with more than 5,000+ stores to provide the best deals and coupons and the top stores also donate up to 20% of their purchase back to the Q300 PTA.
- Mabel’s Labels
Please search for Q300 PTA (Astoria) and you will be directed to the fundraising page. Mabel’s Label Campaign Page. A portion of your purchase will be donated to the Q300 PTA.
What does the PTA fund?
In 2019-20, the following programs are funded through the Q300 PTA fundraising.
- Up to $500 per teacher for wish list items, classroom supplies and activities
- Teacher professional development, such as Responsive Classroom training, differentiated instruction workshops, and team building
- Need-based financial aid to families for trips and other activities
- Support for community-building events, such as Welcome Breakfast for Incoming Families, Costume Party, International Potluck, and Auction and Dance Party
Lower Division (K-4th Grades):
- Enrichment programs taught by organizations such as Arts Connection (Visual Arts (including storytelling, bookmaking, cartooning), Musical Theater, and Vocal Music), Alvin Ailey Dance Theater, Chess Kids, and Center for Architecture
- One teaching assistant (TA) for each K, 1st grade, and 2nd grade class, and one shared TA for each of 3rd and 4th grades
- Support for the kindergarten stepping up ceremony and lower division graduation
Upper Division (5th-8th Grades):
- Electives taught by Art House Astoria (music theater/chorus and band) and NYC Chess Kids
- Support for clubs and electives, including Brain Games, Yearbook, Debate, and Storytelling
- School materials such as class sets of Chromebooks, laptop carts, printers, library books, microscopes, gym equipment, and art installation materials
- Support school trips and 8th grade graduation