Recent Q300 PTA announcements
Below are recent announcements about the Q300 PTA.
The Q300 PTA is seeking Neighborhood Liaisons! Are you looking for a low-stress, low-demand way to get involved with the Q300 community?; Do you enjoy arranging group outings?; Do you have ideas for activities in your neighborhood that you'd like to share with other Q300 families?; Would you like to make new families feel welcome?
Neighborhood Liaisons are a valuable link between neighborhoods and the larger Q300 community. They share information with Q300 neighbors about local events, suggest outings and provide opporutnities for community gatherings.
Liaisons are asked to plan a minimum of one neighborhood gathering in a school year. Neighborhood Liaisons are a helpful resource for new and current Q300 families!
See https://www.q300pta.net/pta/volunteer-neighborhood-liaisons/ for more information about the neighborhood liaison. If you have questions or would like to be neighborhood liaison, please contact at communityaffairs[at]q300pta.org
The success of our school community depends on the enthusiasm, ideas, and work of parents like you. Do you have a community building project idea? Interested in initiating a new fundraiser? Have a way to help strengthen the Q300 school community? The Q300 PTA would like to hear your thoughts!
If you have a specific idea that you would like to implement, please fill out this online form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HK86JzslrkWj2eyZBcFnvk9GC8ztkrKjXNvm1Iusf6Q/viewform?edit_requested=true
Please note that all Q300 PTA events/projects are subject to the regulations covering 501(c)(3) (tax-exempt not-for-profit organization) and the NYC DOE’s Chancellor’s regulations. All events/projects must have their proposal, work plan and budget approved by the PTA Board.
If you have any questions with this form please contact president[at]q300pta.org.
Q300 is looking for class parents for 2019-2020. Class parents play an important role in the Q300 community, supporting the students and teachers in many ways. Class Parents can do many of their duties remotely and can serve jointly with another parent. If you have any questions about the role of a Class Parents, please contact the Q300 PTA Lower Division Representative (ESrep[at]q300pta.org) or the Q300 PTA Upper Division Representative (MSrep[at]q300pta.org).
If you’re interested in becoming a Class Parent, please fill out the following form by Friday, September 20, 2019.
Additionally, we'd like to remind you that at the October General Membership meeting, two additional people will be elected to serve with us as a lower school representative and an upper school representative. Please contact the nominations committee at Nominations[at]q300pta.org if you are interested.
The following PTA positions for 2019-2020 are still open. The election will take place at the PTA Meeting on Thur, October 17 (6:00pm @ Lower Division (PS17)). Contact nominations[at]q300pta.org if you are interested.
Description of the PTA positions currently open for 2019-2020
- Co-president shall serve as one of the PTA's chief executive officers; has the general powers and duties of supervision and management; delegates responsibilities to other Members; shall encourage meaningful participation among all Members in the PTA and school activities; and shall serve as a member of the School Leadership Team and attends the monthly District 30 Presidents' Council and other meetings.
- Co-VP-Fundraising shall oversee the planning, execution, and evaluation of the PTA's fundraising activities, including fundraising events, solicitations, and grant-writing and shall chair the Fundraising Committee. Fundraising's work included coordinating the Direct Appeal, the Thanksgiving Pie Sale, the Night at the Gallery Party, and Gift Card Fundraiser. She/he also coordinates its work with the Auction committee.
- VP-Lower Division shall act as liaison between the PTA and the Parents and Staff of the Lower Division (K-4th grades) and coordinate the PTA's activities, including but not limited to fundraising, enrichment, and communicating PTA information with the Parents and Staff of the Lower Division. They shall coordinate the appointment, election, or selection of other means of a class parent for each class in the Lower Division.
- VP-Upper Division shall act as liaison between the PTA and the Parents and Staff of the Upper Division and coordinate the PTA's activities, including but not limited to fundraising, enrichment, and communicating important information with the Parents and Staff of the Upper Division. They shall coordinate the appointment, election, or selection of other means of a class parent for each class in the Upper Division.
Our first PTA General Membership Meeting will be held on Thursday, September 19th at 6:00 pm at the PS 17 campus. Although this is a parent-focused event, children are welcome. If you bring your children, you may want to bring a quiet activity to keep them occupied during the meeting. There will be some child care support during the meeting. We look forward to seeing you there.
- Date: Thursday, September 19, 2019
- Time: 6:00pm-
- Place: PS17 Auditorium (28-37 29th st, Astoria, NY 11102)