Recent Q300 PTA announcements
Below are recent announcements about the Q300 PTA.
The success of our school community depends on the enthusiasm, ideas, and work of parents like you. Do you have a community building project idea? Interested in initiating a new fundraiser? Have a way to help strengthen the Q300 school community? The Q300 PTA would like to hear your thoughts!
If you have a specific idea that you would like to implement, please fill out this online form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HK86JzslrkWj2eyZBcFnvk9GC8ztkrKjXNvm1Iusf6Q/viewform?edit_requested=true
Please note that all Q300 PTA events/projects are subject to the regulations covering 501(c)(3) (tax-exempt not-for-profit organization) and the NYC DOE’s Chancellor’s regulations. All events/projects must have their proposal, work plan and budget approved by the PTA Board.
If you have any questions with this form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q300 is looking for class parents for 2019-2020. Class parents play an important role in the Q300 community, supporting the students and teachers in many ways. Class Parents can do many of their duties remotely and can serve jointly with another parent. If you have any questions about the role of a Class Parents, please contact the Q300 PTA Lower Division Representative (ESrep@q300pta.org) or the Q300 PTA Upper Division Representative (MSrep@q300pta.org).
If you’re interested in becoming a Class Parent, please fill out the following form by Friday, September 20, 2019.
Additionally, we'd like to remind you that at the October General Membership meeting, two additional people will be elected to serve with us as a lower school representative and an upper school representative. Please contact the nominations committee at Nominations@q300pta.org if you are interested.
The following PTA positions for 2019-2020 are still open. The election will take place at the PTA Meeting on Thur, October 17 (6:00pm @ Lower Division (PS17)). Contact email@example.com if you are interested.
Description of the PTA positions currently open for 2019-2020
- Co-president shall serve as one of the PTA's chief executive officers; has the general powers and duties of supervision and management; delegates responsibilities to other Members; shall encourage meaningful participation among all Members in the PTA and school activities; and shall serve as a member of the School Leadership Team and attends the monthly District 30 Presidents' Council and other meetings.
- Co-VP-Fundraising shall oversee the planning, execution, and evaluation of the PTA's fundraising activities, including fundraising events, solicitations, and grant-writing and shall chair the Fundraising Committee. Fundraising's work included coordinating the Direct Appeal, the Thanksgiving Pie Sale, the Night at the Gallery Party, and Gift Card Fundraiser. She/he also coordinates its work with the Auction committee.
- VP-Lower Division shall act as liaison between the PTA and the Parents and Staff of the Lower Division (K-4th grades) and coordinate the PTA's activities, including but not limited to fundraising, enrichment, and communicating PTA information with the Parents and Staff of the Lower Division. They shall coordinate the appointment, election, or selection of other means of a class parent for each class in the Lower Division.
- VP-Upper Division shall act as liaison between the PTA and the Parents and Staff of the Upper Division and coordinate the PTA's activities, including but not limited to fundraising, enrichment, and communicating important information with the Parents and Staff of the Upper Division. They shall coordinate the appointment, election, or selection of other means of a class parent for each class in the Upper Division.
Our first PTA General Membership Meeting will be held on Thursday, September 19th at 6:00 pm at the PS 17 campus. Although this is a parent-focused event, children are welcome. If you bring your children, you may want to bring a quiet activity to keep them occupied during the meeting. There will be some child care support during the meeting. We look forward to seeing you there.
- Date: Thursday, September 19, 2019
- Time: 6:00pm-
- Place: PS17 Auditorium (28-37 29th st, Astoria, NY 11102)
The PTA will hold its General Membership Meeting on Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 6:30pm in the upper division campus auditorium at 31-51 21st Street, Long Island City, NY 11106. The agenda will include the election of all Board positions of the PTA and of one (1) parent position of the School Leadership Team (“SLT”).
Call For PTA Board And SLT Parent Member Candidates
A. The PTA calls for candidates to fill positions on the PTA Board
B. The SLT calls for candidates to fill 1 parent member SLT positions
If you are interested in running for any Board positions or for the SLT parent member positions, please contact the Nominations Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org, by May 10, 2019. Please note that nominations will also be taken from the floor during the meeting.
For more information, please read the official call for candidates document in your child's backpack or e-mail.
[Edit on Wednesday, May 1, 2019]
Below is the information about the open positions for 2019-2020.
PTA Board. All board positions are open. The only qualification for all positions is that the candidate be a current parent or guardian of a child in the school.
- President (up to 2 positions)
- Executive Vice President (VP) (1 position only)
- Secretary (up to 2 positions)
- Treasurer (up to 2 positions)
- VP-Membership (up to 2 positions)
- VP-Fundraising (up to 2 positions)
- VP-Communications (up to 2 positions)
- VP-Community Affairs (up to 2 positions)
- VP, Lower Division (1 position elected in the May/June meeting, 1 more in September to allow for new parents to run)
- VP, Upper Division (1 position elected in the May/June meeting, 1 more in September to allow for new parents to run)
SLT Parent Members. One SLT Parent Position is open. As per bylaws, at least one member of the SLT must be a middle school parent or guardian and at least one must be an elementary parent or guardian. The three incumbent members represent both divisions, so we it is open to any division parent or guardian to run. The only qualification for the position is that the candidate be a current parent or guardian of a child in the school.
If you are interested in running for any positions, please email the Nominations Committee (email@example.com) by May 10, 2019, with your name and position. You may also submit a brief bio. A list of candidates and bios will be compiled and circulated.