Thank you for visiting the website of the Q300 Parent-Teacher Association. All parents and guardians of Q300 students as well as all teach ers are automatically members of the Q300 PTA. PTA meetings are held monthly. Our goal is to work together to create and maintain a wel coming community for all Q300 families and to support the administration and faculty in build ing a school that provides outstanding education to our students based on the values of inclusion, inquiry, and responsibility.
The mission of the Q300 Parent-Teacher Association is to enrich and improve the educational, emotional, and social lives of Q300’s students by providing the following:
- Supporting activities that foster the core values of Q300: Inclusion, Inquiry and Responsibility;
- Providing support and resources to Q300 for the benefit and educational growth of its students;
- Developing parent and staff leadership, fostering and encouraging participation at all levels of the Association, and providing opportunities to participate in school governance and decision making;
- Promoting a cooperative working relationship among the Q300 parents, families, staff, and administration;
- Providing a forum where parents and staff members discuss innovations and implementations of curricular and extra-curricular activities that afford each student an opportunity to acquire the core values of Q300.
Q300 2019-2020 PTA Board Members
- Co-President: Milko Milkov and Lynn Kennedy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Executive Vice President: Vacant (email@example.com)
- Co-Secretaries: David William Wang & Daniel Bach (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Co-Treasurers: Yi Wen Wang & AJ Jackowska (email@example.com)
- Co-VPs of Fundraising: Claire Lui(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Co-VPs of Communications: Diana Wang & Ian Koh (email@example.com)
- Co-VPs of Membership: Maria Hantzopoulos & Ellie Rabinovich (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Co-VPs of Community Affairs: Marisa Nagano & Soumaly King (email@example.com)
- VP of Lower Division (Elementary): Barbara Monroe (ESrep@q300pta.org)
- Co-VP of Upper Division (Middle): Sae Makino-Siller and Milena Ivanova (MSrep@Q300pta.org)
- Membership Committee: The Membership Committee encourages parent and staff participation, outreach, and recruitment. Contact the VP of Membership.
- Auction Committee (Under Membership)
- Fundraising Committee: The Fundraising Committee plans and executes all fundraising activities including donation solicitations, fundraisers, and grant writing to further the mission of the Association. Learn more about Volunteering here. Contact the VP of Fundraising.
- Communications Committee: The Communications Committee facilitates and implements communications among the Association and the parents and staff. Contact the VP of Communication.
- Community Affairs Committee: The Community Affairs Committee oversees the PTA’s efforts to reach out to the greater Q300 community and to participate in and report on community based meetings and forums, and committees and councils of the Department of Education. Contact the VP of Community Affairs.
- Budget Committee: The Budget Committee develops and proposes the PTA budget and prepares a written review of the prior year’s budget. Contact the Treasurers.
- Audit Committee (under Treasury): The Audit Committee conduct an audit of all financial affairs of the Association, with the assistance of the Treasurer who shall make all books and records of the Association available to the committee. Contact Jasmin Rosner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bus Advocacy Committee: Contact Noah Fessenden at email@example.com & Meghan Cirrito at firstname.lastname@example.org
- One School Committee (under Community Affairs): Contact Marlon Aranda at email@example.com and Lynn Kennedy at LynnK@q300pta.org
- Library Committee Committee (under Membership): Contact Meghan Cirrito at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grant Writing Committee: Contact Lynn Kennedy at LynnK@q300pta.org
- Enrichment Committee: Contact Maura McDermott and Margarita Soto at email@example.com
- Nominations Committee: Contact Sue Sekar, Luke Lukose, Stephanie Peled, and Kevin Gallagher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2E Group Committee: Contact Ellie Rabinovich at xxx
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I become a member of the PTA
The following individuals are automatically PTA members: (a) birth parents, adoptive parents, step-parents, legally appointed guardians, foster parents, “persons in a parental relation” as defined by the Department of Education and designated persons having a relationship to a child or children currently attending Q300; and (b) all eligible Q300 teachers and instructional full-time staff members, with the exception of the Principal and supervisors.
- 2. How do I get timely info from the PTA?
If you have not done so, please provide your contact info to the PTA at https://forms.gle/9aismvML466sn1Ry9
- How do I become involved in the PTA or volunteer during school?
You can attend monthly meetings, volunteer by organizing events, fundraising, and other activities, serve on a committee or run for an executive board position. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out a volunteer survey at https://tinyurl.com/2018-Q300-volunteer or email membership@Q300pta.org.
Also, please consider running for a position on the board. In the October 2019 general membership meeting, the PTA will hold elections for co-Treasurer, co-Fundraising, Executive Vice President, co-Vice President (VP) of the Lower Division (K-4th grades), and co-VP of the Upper Division (5th-8th grades).
- What are the PTA committees on which I can volunteer?
- Membership Committee encourages parent and staff outreach, volunteering, and participation.
- Fundraising Committee implements fundraising, such as the Direct Appeal, raffles at events, restaurant kickbacks, auction, grant writing and other related events.
- Communications Committee facilitates communications among the PTA and parents and staff, including preparing regular newsletters, email bulletins, web-based maintenance, and recruitment materials.
- Community Affairs Committee oversees PTA’s efforts to reach out to the community outside Q300, including our colocation partners P.S. 17 and I.S. 126, and our local elected officials.
- Budget Committee drafts the PTA budget and maintains the financial records.
- Enrichment Committee researches, coordinates, and evaluates in-school/extracurricular enrichment and liaises with school.
- Audit Committee conducts an audit of all financial affairs of the PTA.
- One School Committee advocates for a long-term plan to locate Q300 in one school building.
- What happens at the PTA General Monthly Meeting and when is it held?
The PTA meetings include reports from the Presidents, the Principal, the School Leadership Team, Committees, and any other members of the Q300 community. For 2019-2020, the Board meetings are tentatively scheduled at 8:40 am on the first or second Friday of the month and the General Membership meetings are tentatively scheduled at 6:30 pm on the third or fourth Thursday of the month.
- What does the PTA fund?
In 2018-19, funding included (a) K-5th grade music program; K-4th grade visual arts program; K-1st grade movement/theater program; 2nd grade architecture; and 3rd-4th grade dance; (b) music, animation, and music theater electives and 5th-8th clubs such as Debate Club, Math Team, Robotics, and Storytelling; (c) hardware and supplies such as laptops, printers, and microscopes, and (d) teachers’ wish lists.
- How does the PTA raise funds?
The PTA coordinates the Direct Appeal; a Spring Dance and Auction; Gallery Night Parent Outing; a Fall Costume Party; a Thanksgiving Pie Sale; an International Winter Festival; Picture Day; a Zumba-thon with PS 17; a Summer Read-a-thon; bake sales; and other activities. The Direct Appeal, which accounts for over 67% of monies received, raises money directly from families and friends.
- Are donations to the PTA tax-deductible?
The PTA (EIN: 47-2258209) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your charitable contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- How do I contact the Board?
See above for the 2019-2020 PTA Board members.