Volunteer Neighborhood Liaisons Wanted
In keeping with Q 300 PTA’s mission to create and maintain a welcoming community for all Q300 families, the PTA would like to form Neighborhood Liaisons for each neighborhood where families live.
What is a Neighborhood Liaison
A Neighborhood Liaison is a voluntary position and is someone who could be a point person within their neighborhood to provide the local Q300 community with information about:
- relevant local events,
- opportunities for gathering as a community,
- play dates or group outings and/ or
- serve as a welcoming link for new Q300 families
The main purpose of this role is to provide a more consistent connection to the larger community. Volunteers would need to feel comfortable exchanging email with, and being contacted by other local/nearby Q300 families. For example, at the beginning of school year or at open houses, we could foresee more contact being likely as incoming parents will have questions.
Contacting your Q300 Neighborhood Liaison
- Astoria: AstoriaCL@q300pta.org
- Elmhurst: ElmhurstCL@q300pta.org
- Forest Hills: ForestHillsCL@q300pta.org
- Jackson Heights: JacksonHeightsCL@q300pta.org
- North Brooklyn: NorthBrooklynCL@q300pta.org
- Sunnyside: SunnysideCL@q300pta.org
- Woodside: WoodsideCL@q300pta.ora
Interested in becoming a Q300 Neighborhood Liaison?
If you live in one of the areas below and would like to serve as either a middle school or elementary school neighborhood liaison, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Brooklyn (North and South)
- Forest Hills
- Jackson Heights
- Richmond Hills
(Neighborhood suggestions are welcome!)