Q300 Chess is in its second year of parent organization, and is a fun interactive culture-first group with a positive, energetic and transparently competitive edge at ‘Away’ Tournament
Chess teaches many things. Chief among them in young students is ownership and the adventure of growth. Ownership of 1) decision-making process, 2) decisions, 3) outcomes of those decisions, 4) analysis of those outcomes, 5) learning, 6) application of those lessons . This is the blueprint of the never-ending adventure of growth that presents itself across countless areas of development – academically, socially, emotionally, athletically, creatively – and is experienced in the process: chess game #1 → post-game coaching/analysis → chess game #2.
- 02/10 – Q300 #2 → https://nychesskids.com/q300-tournaments/
- 03/10-11 – States (Saratoga) → http://chessevents.com/nyscholastics/
- 05/05 – Q300 #3 → https://nychesskids.com/q300-tournaments/
- 05/10-12 – Nationals (Nashville) → http://www.uschess.org/content/view/10015/95
- TBD – NYC Area Girls Tournament, Other NYC Area ‘Away’ Tournaments
NOTE: While the above are scheduled team events, several kids participate at a range of additional tournaments individually and in smaller groups.
- Q300 Chess Club (Email)
Plays chess in after-school NYCK program or other, interested in attending Home Tournaments and non-tournament chess events.
- Q300 Chess Team (Email + WhatsApp per event)
Interested in playing scheduled ‘Away’ Tournaments
To get involved please email one of the parent leaders/organizers: